SSC Jack Burton Big Trouble in Little China Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First I was all "YEAH! A Jack Burton 1/6. Best news EVER!" Then I saw it was sideshow. Goddamn. It looks bad. I'm sorry, I want to love it cause I'll be buying it, but the HS is terrible. He looks like a cartoon version of Jack Burton.

The second I opened the email I was all desire and joy and rage... more rage than the rest, but then I saw the proto! Impressive Sideshow!!

But for the love of all that's holy listen to your customers and right the damn ship already!! Tighten up production and give us what we're paying for!!

Really happy with what I see so far. Sculpt has a little room for improvement but an extremely solid effort. The outfit is way better than I would've expected and the Beholder thing is absolutely awesome. Pumped!

Somehow this doesn't look as amazing as I thought. (Thank God. I mean, have you seen the Blitzway Ghostbusters thread?) :lol

I get the exact expression they are going for, but personally I just can't see a lot of Kurt Russell in the likeness.

If they knocked it out of the park I'd be all over this, but I'm not quite sold on the proto, and Sideshow's production version record in human character a done 1/6 is hardly encouraging. I'm still not fully over the Snake Plissken debacle...

If the final figure turns out unexpectedly good, then I'll bite (and pay extra to do a body swap), but no pre-order for me.

13652948_1229505037090113_7414808891621602927_o.jpg

Hard to get excited when it's sideshow so im waiting for the final product first. But that prototype looks freaking awesome. I had Trevor Grove's head and customized my own earlier that i was more than happy with.

2eld1cw.jpg

Not sure if this angle of a shot has been posted yet

edef014f0bb52654132a44b327071c0a.jpg

jackburton.jpg

or maybe this?

Big-Trouble-in-Little-China-Jack-Burton-Kurt-Russell-Henry-Swanson.jpg

I hope they use a different body to Plissken, as the design of the hip joints and the tightness of the pants, meant he was virtually unposeable.

Back