SSC Jack Burton Big Trouble in Little China Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
file.php

Thanks Sideshow.

Wow! Must have! It seems like everything I always wanted is coming out this year. Don't know how I'll be able to afford it all.

The Plissken sculpt at least had something of a good base - Raymond F. customized mine and I think it looks amazing - not 100% bang on but very good. So hopefully Jack's head isn't a complete tire fire.

At least we will get the outfit, boots, and gun. Maybe Trevor's head will get re-released, similar to how he re-tooled his Walter White head.

Very cool News!

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal.

I love the Snake figure, don't know what people are bitching about (I guess I do, it's the internet, whine-central station "one hair was off on this mass produced figure, ****** this toy!") I'm excited, gimme all the Carpenter film figures PLZ.

I'm okay with the Plissken figure because the price point of $150 bucks seemed fair. But Sideshow with their over $200 price tags now makes it harder to forgive the less than stellar figures they produce. I like my Indy: TOD figure but felt overpriced by 50 bucks. This one is gonna have to be great for me to bite at a $230 price tag.

Oh man I'm excited but I know how Sideshow Human stuff turns out. Hopefully this will be a home run and not like Plissken

I'm okay with the Plissken figure because the price point of $150 bucks seemed fair. But Sideshow with their over $200 price tags now makes it harder to forgive the less than stellar figures they produce. I like my Indy: TOD figure but felt overpriced by 50 bucks. This one is gonna have to be great for me to bite at a $230 price tag.

But Indy would certainly have much higher licensing fees. With any luck, Jack Burton ("WHO???") will be similar to Plissken...

I was just thinking the other day how cool it would be to get some BTiLC figures -- Jack and Lo Pan at least. Was excited until I saw it was from SS and then it notched down a bit. Maybe it will turn out nice, but I'd had the same hope for Snake and Beetlejuice. But I fear SS is still going to be stuck on the oversized noggins with bad paint jobs on mediocre bodies. And still charge $200 for them without improving on what they had been doing for $120. I really cannot believe that SS cannot get their sculpting down to compete with not just Hot Toys but Star Ace, Asmus, QMx, etc. As folks are saying, fingers crossed. Unless there is an exclusive I'll wait until in-hand reviews. Otherwise I'll return in a heartbeat if it doesn't stack up. I'm done with paying $200 for mediocre figures with a so-so likenesses.

Now that looks awesome.....but can Sideshow match the prototype?

Hair is way too big and puffy. Expression and likeness could be better, but I think his hair is throwing it off.

Why the **** does SS pick the stupidest expressions for a figure? It's goddamn Beetlejuice all over again. That being said, I love the little eyeball guy.

Back