SSC G.I. Joe Black Dragon Ninja

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, but now we're at a least 1 full week from charge date to them acually getting this in hand. Could be 2 weeks even if they don't come in until next Friday. I get 1-2 days between charge and shipping, but 1+ week plus is just unacceptable. For all we know these weren't even in the country when they charged us. I think they need to have a better idea when their boats are actually coming in. And if they don't have the item in hand by the charging date, they need to tell us that. Not wait 5 days later to tell us.

And they better auto combine Zartan and the Ninja for shipping and refund us the difference. Its clear they are indeed on the same boat now and only makes sense for them to ship together. Its the least they could do for this fiasco. I'm normally a defender for Sideshow on most things, but I gotta draw the line here. At this point it would almost make more sense to pay at the time of ordering rather than at time of 'shipping' since its no longer the same time :lol

Its just the point of the thing. If a seller on ebay sells something he doesn't have in hand yet, its frowned upon and against the rules. Why should Sideshow be held to a different standard. Don't charge people until you have the item. Why else specify date x as the charging date if you aren't going to have them for another couple of weeks? I just thing money should trade hands when the thing you are paying for is as well.

Its like the opposite of Wimpy. I'll pay you today for a Hamburger on Tuesday. :cuckoo:

And we know they would never do this the other way around: Sending us the figure before we paid for it :lol I just don't think getting what you paid for when you pay for it is that unreasonable to ask. I just think "Out the door in 24" needs to be extended to their charging of incoming pre-order items as well. If they can't have it out in 24 hours, then hold off on charging for it :dunno

The funny thing is, it worked out better for me that they charged me for them this week since I've got other stuff charging next week, so it would have been a real tough week on the old credit card :lol

78508970_did-not-read_gif.gif

I don't mind that they charged me before they had the figures. It's not like they make a habit of this.

I look at it like at least they're paid for and I'll be getting my little pretties soon.

What are my chances of picking this guy up in a couple of months? Not worried about the ex version. Do these guys sell out fast or lower in price later down the line? Thanks

What are my chances of picking this guy up in a couple of months? Not worried about the ex version. Do these guys sell out fast or lower in price later down the line? Thanks

Considering that the exclusive is still available for pre-order this far in, and I don't even see the regular up for order, yet. I would say that your chances are good for quite some time...at least a couple of months.

Here's the issue with combining shipping and why I do not see that happening. Signature confirmation. Period. Suddenly instead of a $130 package, you've got a $290 package that will require a signature. Then a handful of people who ordered both will suddenly be inconvenienced :mad: because they were not home the day of delivery, or had to make a special trip to get it. Something that they did not originally agree on to comes into play. Yes, they could save us few a few dollars, but then the rules of the game changes.

Even if I am way off base, I bet it has already been discussed in a few SS boardrooms and most likely a decision has been made. It's a coin toss and if it's heads, :hi5: (them)they make a few more dollars. If it's tails, most of us are delighted :hi5: (us) and forget that it took longer than expected. Just watch for that one post if they combine shipping, someone's going to have a bad day and decide it was a horrible decision despite the savings. Either way, as I've already stated, I'm not going to be home for a while so everyone will just have to suffer with me!:banghead

I have had to fight with Sideshow about combining orders that I made...but it has only been for like items. For example, the exclusive Crimson Guard had a two-item limit and I ordered them in separate orders. Sideshow combined them thinking I was just trying to get out of the NRD. I told them to make a note in my account to collect any applicable NRDs, but never combine orders that I make separately. They did...everyone is happy.

Here's the issue with combining shipping and why I do not see that happening. Signature confirmation. Period. Suddenly instead of a $130 package, you've got a $290 package that will require a signature. Then a handful of people who ordered both will suddenly be inconvenienced :mad: because they were not home the day of delivery, or had to make a special trip to get it. Something that they did not originally agree on to comes into play. Yes, they could save us few a few dollars, but then the rules of the game changes.

Even if I am way off base, I bet it has already been discussed in a few SS boardrooms and most likely a decision has been made. It's a coin toss and if it's heads, :hi5: (them)they make a few more dollars. If it's tails, most of us are delighted :hi5: (us) and forget that it took longer than expected. Just watch for that one post if they combine shipping, someone's going to have a bad day and decide it was a horrible decision despite the savings. Either way, as I've already stated, I'm not going to be home for a while so everyone will just have to suffer with me!:banghead

You do realize they have a signature wavier form right? You can send it in to cover all of your order. Current and future. I did that a long time ago and haven't had to worry about being home to sign for a long time. I think they only ignored it once, and it was with a highly limted item if I remember right, so it was OK (also since I was actually home). But for the most part, there is no reason to have to sign for items over $280 or whatever they bumped it up to from the original $100. That was a pain when it was still $100 and just about everything was starting to get over $100. If it was free thats one thing, but they actually charge you extra for the inconvience of having the signature requirement :lol

:dunno If you ordered them separately, they're viewed as 2 separate orders despite being shipped at the same time.

Because it would to difficult for SS to view the orders by customer and not by item...

As customers, they should have everyone catalogged so they could easily cross ref the two and combine them if need be. Probably longer on their part in terms of man power, easier to bag and tag and move on

You do realize they have a signature wavier form right? You can send it in to cover all of your order. Current and future. I did that a long time ago and haven't had to worry about being home to sign for a long time. I think they only ignored it once, and it was with a highly limted item if I remember right, so it was OK (also since I was actually home). But for the most part, there is no reason to have to sign for items over $280 or whatever they bumped it up to from the original $100. That was a pain when it was still $100 and just about everything was starting to get over $100. If it was free thats one thing, but they actually charge you extra for the inconvience of having the signature requirement :lol

That's good to know. I believe the limit is $180 or $185. SE will have to be signed for so I might go ahead and get on that form in case I'm gone.

Since when has it covered all orders? I have had to fill them out for each order I want to have the signature waived for and was told specifically by customer service that they could not waive the signature for all orders.

Back