SSC G.I. Joe Baroness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm super late to the party, but I finally got my Baroness in the mail today. I really love the EX portrait. Great job Sideshow!

13501352233_59d4657743_o.jpg

13502381634_e0942d2c86_o.jpg

13501600774_83c438b48d_o.jpg

13501351993_299dc1b19a_o.jpg

13500779345_1491657de5_o.jpg

13500872303_f5fb20c4bc_o.jpg

13501572525_71b17c1693_o.jpg

13502268484_7d4098b5eb_o.jpg

Love the spikes

Any who if i ruffled some feathers i am sorry, i am just saying what i was told back when i was attacked at all angles when nam was berating me and a few others jumped in and was helping him do so, but that is water under the dam. It's just im cautious to post anything in Joe's since then. In fact i only pop on when i am not working on DC or Star wars. I probably wont pop on again until i am done sculpting Destro's sculpt and casting it in fiberglass (extra gloss look). I ordered some materials for him and will be picking up pieces from sideshow's and will be posting him with baroness.

Any who if i ruffled some feathers i am sorry, i am just saying what i was told back when i was attacked at all angles when nam was berating me and a few others jumped in and was helping him do so, but that is water under the dam. It's just im cautious to post anything in Joe's since then. In fact i only pop on when i am not working on DC or Star wars. I probably wont pop on again until i am done sculpting Destro's sculpt and casting it in fiberglass (extra gloss look). I ordered some materials for him and will be picking up pieces from sideshow's and will be posting him with baroness.

I for one would just like to say I really appreciate your posts, your pics and your detailed breakdown of how you put it together. As someone who rarely finds these figures, even Hot Toys, "perfect" out of the box I really appreciate the work you and other customizers and kitbashers have done so please do not be deterred. You do great work with great imagination.

Now, when it comes to using the tall Baroness body for taller characters, 4 comes to mind, Fairchild from Gen13 is 6'4", Power Girl is 5'11", Wonder Woman is 6'0" and maybe even She-Hulk at 6"7" may be a possibility. Now, since Sideshow is doing DC, Fairchild, PG, WW and Starfire are possibilities. Until SSC gets the Marvel 1/6 license She-Hulk will have to go on the back burner. The chest swap option would definitely be a good idea, I mean Harley Quinn and Catwoman would be good candidates.

Last edited:

I don't think apologies are necessary, Groovy. I'm glad you post here and I like your custom work, my point was, don't buy into the negative aspects and hidden agenda some people sling around here. I enjoy this section for the cool stuff people come up with and all the positives. Theres a lot of ribbing in this section, but I think that gives the area more of a (Joe) family appeal. Sure, you will get some people who are actually vicious, but I think thats more then exception than the norm around here. With all the help, support, and tips given around here, I think this forum is by far one of the most friendly out of all the freak boards. I can't think of one time I've asked for how to help or how someone futzed or did a custom and someone hasn't been 100% forthcoming.

Looking forward to seeing your Baroness with a (non) spike headed Destro. :hi5:

I for one would just like to say I really appreciate your posts, your pics and your detailed breakdown of how you put it together. As someone who rarely finds these figures, even Hot Toys, "perfect" out of the box I really appreciate the work you and other customizers and kitbashers have done so please do not be deterred. You do great work with great imagination.

Now, when it comes to using the tall Baroness body for taller characters, 4 comes to mind, Fairchild from Gen13 is 6'4", Power Girl is 5'11", Wonder Woman is 6'0" and maybe even She-Hulk at 6"7" may be a possibility. Now, since Sideshow is doing DC, Fairchild, PG, WW and Starfire are possibilities. Until SSC gets the Marvel 1/6 license She-Hulk will have to go on the back burner. The chest swap option would definitely be a good idea, I mean Harley Quinn and Catwoman would be good candidates.

A classic Starfire fig would be great...but that hair would be a beast to get right... :horror

Last edited:
When i Start my teen titan's figs you will see a star fire. because i know how to color the phicen skins without using paint. I will need to mess around with clear resin and dye to make a flame base for her but I am going to use non molded hair because she has really long hair. But i am starting with Nightwing and Helena Wayne Huntress (i love the 80's teen titans) another flaming female i will be making is from spidy verse and that is Firestar and Black cat (both 80's costumes)

once i nail the flame base for star fire that will help me make the base for Storm's tornado cloud

and thanks guys for the positive reinforcement it is much appreciated. If i do get any time for myself I will finish Shipwreck,Spirit,mutt and junkyard,Breaker, storm shadow, Destro, zandar and zaranna,my final scarlett. I am still so so about doing Jinx since i want to do a cloth head wrap but they can look Mattel like unless i use surgical tape. Doc and duke keep getting shelved and i work on them a little then set aside for a long time. Joe's take forever to do properly for me. because I am so particular with staying true to mix of comics and cartoon and card art. that it takes me awhile to pick certain elements I want to use. Hence the reason I will probably never be officially done with Scarlett

I love Dc and Marvel equally and i blame that intirly on Catwoman and Black Cat as transitional characters that started my love of comics. I didn't know about the action figures for joes' until after reading the comics and watching the cartoons.

Last edited:
Mrclean8 what boots are those you used for baroness I have to know because those spikes are seriously dangerous i love them.

I Agree. :cool:

It would be like totally super badass if we could ...like..click a thread on these forums where the thread is actually about the thread title.

GREAT pics Mrclean.

so for whatever reason..the suppressor that i got didn't fit on her rifle...not sure what was up with that...
so i found some of my plastic tube and cut it down to fit on her rifle..painted it to match and this is where im at..not too bad...
barogun_zpsde7dd097.jpg

Are they the full thigh high with armor on top or were there further modifications made? Great work BTW. Baroness looks like the aristocrat brat she is supposed to be.

He could have done what i did and cut it to an ankle boot like i did since the bootsleve is pretty snug

He could have done what i did and cut it to an ankle boot like i did since the bootsleve is pretty snug

Exactly what I did. I cut it right above the ankles. I was fearing that the bootsleeve would be too long and would go past the catwoman boots but they fit just perfectly.

What's really cool is that the figure can stand on its own in the stilettos even without a figure stand. All the pics I took were without the assistance of a figure stand.

Back