SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my take on it: Concept art is just that - a 'concept'. There can be MANY different pieces of concept art, all created by different artists, and the final product can be an amalgamation of all of them, or only a few of them, or only one of them. No matter what, it's not very often that concept art make it into a final work un-altered, be it for a film or for an action figure.

Plus, once a figure has been put into production, sometimes certain elements have to change. It's very easy for the artists to make a prototype "perfect" (there's only ONE of them, after all), but they must also consider the issues of mass-production and work to that goal. Which is I assume what they are referring to when saying: "We were hesitant to paint it in camo due to production paint limitations, but we are attempting to turn-out a sample with painted camo to see if the effect looks good enough to warrant including a second portrait in the package."

Anyway, i got a reply back about the portraits - it was a typo and was meant to say 'second' rather than third. Good catch, and they pass on their apologies for any confusion :duff

Thanks again for clearing that up Dusty :duff

And please pass along our wishes that they try as hard as possible to get that second head included!

So nam, you found a Swedish K? Is it green?

Yes and no. I did, but it's not really green. Not sure if I want to paint it either though since I was never fond of the green, blue, red, etc., guns that came with the RAH Joes. I always either painted them black or swapped them out with the black ones that came with the accessory packs. The one I'll likely be using is from the 21st Century MIKE Force figure.

TCT10019.jpg

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TCT10019&mode=retail&picture=in

Re: Q & A from TNI

Here me sideshow! If you do this, the whining will only intensify on the next figure! Don't give in!

I've started putting my own together with many of the same parts used by Elvis.... The more I think about it the more I'll want him accurate, and not some "amalgamation" of concept art/original figure design/two week whiskey bender.

This is true. That's positively reinforcing the complaining behavior. I know that I will only complain more if they do it.

Disagree 100%, the complaining was warranted on the figure. Glad to see that Sideshow at least listened, and thank you Dusty for coming in here and clearing that up.

But the question isn't whether the complaining is warranted or not. The question is whether capitulation to complainers' demands breeds further complaining. I say, it do.

I was one of most vehement opponents of the stupid, plain gray mask, btw.

Hasbro was able to produce really nice looking camo paint on a figure 1/3 the size of the Sideshow versions:

https://www.yojoe.com/action/07/images/firefly14_large.shtml

And Sideshow has learned how to do a very good job of painting heads over the last couple years, in my opinion, which of course is very detailed work that can go horribly wrong if done haphazardly or incorrectly. If they can't get a production camo pattern to look right on a 1/6 scale figure's head, then I would be. . .surprised.

That's the figure I want.... I had bought that same Urban Camo outfit, threw it on a Pro body with a Sniper head and thought WTF? Might as well make one.... Won't be as cool as Seb's but it will be a poor man's facsimile.

Seb, that pack is all from scratch, right?

Your right, but doesnt mean SS listens to useless complaints whether these is one or hundreds.

Im glad they are at least looking at this one, I feel its warranted and up to date this is the only figure I complained about the rendition, as long as you dont count CCC :)

Back