SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the exact same suit. Weathered it and it's perfect match

IMG_5284.jpg

Who's standing next to Firefly in this shot?

:confused: Wow, I wonder if pre-orders were not as strong as anticipated?

Nah, they limited him to help hype him up. The Exclusive was TBD when he went up (pretty sure of this) so they could have made the edition size inlcude any waitlisters if they wanted. If he stays limited, then even with all of our complaining, people will want him.

I missed out on the Mola Ram PF EX PPO and got on the wait list an hour or two after it, and mine converted. They just hadn't set the edition size yet so those early waitlisters were added to the total edition size. An early SOLD OUT adds hype. That is why they've been doing TBD for the edition sizes.

Nah, they limited him to help hype him up. The Exclusive was TBD when he went up (pretty sure of this) so they could have made the edition size inlcude any waitlisters if they wanted. If he stays limited, then even with all of our complaining, people will want him.

I missed out on the Mola Ram PF EX PPO and got on the wait list an hour or two after it, and mine converted. They just hadn't set the edition size yet so those early waitlisters were added to the total edition size. An early SOLD OUT adds hype. That is why they've been doing TBD for the edition sizes.

So what does that say about the sales of this figure and ultimately the line?

If the demand for the ex was high why turn people away?

Re: Q & A from TNI

Sideshow: Our development team works hard to find a balance between classic Joe designs and modern practical real-world gear so that the 12-inch figures are immediately recognizable as their source characters but feature as much of the gear that a real-world operative of their type might actually use. We did read the feedback to the Firefly figure reveal and do see that many wish that the facemask could be painted in camo colors. We were hesitant to paint it in camo due to production paint limitations, but we are attempting to turn-out a sample with painted camo to see if the effect looks good enough to warrant including a third portrait in the package. Stay tuned - we’ll have an update for you before Firefly ships.

Well, well, well! :)

Being an old Joe RAH fan, I'm a bit disappointed that this figure doesn't look like the original, or the concept art for that matter.

That said, it's still more than passable for Firefly considering the look and general feel. I'd pick one up if the price is going to be respectable. Must have one for the parts at least.

Back