SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Q & A from TNI

Disagree 100%, the complaining was warranted on the figure. Glad to see that Sideshow at least listened, and thank you Dusty for coming in here and clearing that up.

While some people think the complaining was warranted (depends on the POV), Sideshow altering it will turn into, "Sideshow, you altererd Firefly's mask, why can't you fix ______?!" so DC has a HUGE point!

While some people think the complaining was warranted (depends on the POV), Sideshow altering it will turn into, "Sideshow, you altererd Firefly's mask, why can't you fix ______?!" so DC has a HUGE point!

I guess that depends on what the complaints are for, and the audience for each line. You cant satisfy everyone, but I think this is one of the larger outcrys weve seen on a SS fig or that Ive seen, I only collect this and SW though

I guess that depends on what the complaints are for, and the audience for each line. You cant satisfy everyone, but I think this is one of the larger outcrys weve seen on a SS fig or that Ive seen, I only collect this and SW though

What I don't get is how it's a fix. If there's an issue with the cammo color as it stands, how is painting the mask to match going to fix it? :dunno

Well, there are numerous complaints with that figure, obviously, but putting a camo design on the mask--even if it is colored to match to incorrect color design of his camo parka thing--is likely going to satisfy a large number of people who otherwise would be put off with the figure. Self probably included.

The figure won't be perfect. We get that. So I think the most we can hope for is something slightly better than what we have been shown with the prototype. The extra camo mask certainly wouldn't hurt things.

I might buy the camo painted head loose from Toy Anxiety but I still won't buy the figure because it is still a misrepresentation of an iconic character.

the extra camo head or just painted...works for me

love that ssc is considering the additional head! i take all the complaining or criticism on a case by case basis. sometimes imo it can be warranted and sometimes imo it isn't.

everyone is free to make up their own minds on what to complain about and make a stand about.

I am glad that some others see my point. Maybe this knowledge will help us to keep the complaints from getting out of hand in the future and justify Sidesow's willingness to listen to the collectors...within reason.

But it really seems to me...and I could be wrong...that Sideshow already has a decreased presence in this forum. And I wonder if it is not due to the the complaining being somewhat more prevelant lately.

I am not saying it is...I am just wondering.

Yes and no. I did, but it's not really green. Not sure if I want to paint it either though since I was never fond of the green, blue, red, etc., guns that came with the RAH Joes. I always either painted them black or swapped them out with the black ones that came with the accessory packs. The one I'll likely be using is from the 21st Century MIKE Force figure.

TCT10019.jpg

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TCT10019&mode=retail&picture=in

What does the actually suit or cloth look like?

Hasbro was able to produce really nice looking camo paint on a figure 1/3 the size of the Sideshow versions:

https://www.yojoe.com/action/07/images/firefly14_large.shtml

And Sideshow has learned how to do a very good job of painting heads over the last couple years, in my opinion, which of course is very detailed work that can go horribly wrong if done haphazardly or incorrectly. If they can't get a production camo pattern to look right on a 1/6 scale figure's head, then I would be. . .surprised.

I really like this figure, I think i bought like 6-8 of them :lol

even with the decrease in the forum presence, its undeniable that SSC's Q and A over the last year or so has been more honest and valuable than ever.

I wouldn't label justified feedback in any forum as "complaints". They're are some who do complain/nitpick about very minor details and nothing can be done about that trend wether adjustments are made or not. However, in this case, I can see why the feedback on firefly was needed and sideshow considering change is evidence of that.

Im glad they at least listen.

Once the line is finished, I would bet that all the negative Joe comments combined won't equal the negative comments for a single, "Extended Universe" Star Wars guy they release, if that means anything.

There are a few things to take from this. First, should SSC add the second head, we can assume that feedback was strong enough to merit the change, obviously. They must see that the demand from their customers leans heavily toward "classic Joe designs" and not "modern practical real-world gear"... Hopefully the message has been sent that Classic Joe Design is the way to go.

Second, it has been awhile since this, the last, PPO, right? It could just be my imagination and perhaps it hasn't been that long since the pre-order, but maybe other figures have been delayed in order to give us more of a classic Joe look with subsequent releases? :huh

I am glad that some others see my point. Maybe this knowledge will help us to keep the complaints from getting out of hand in the future and justify Sidesow's willingness to listen to the collectors...within reason.

But it really seems to me...and I could be wrong...that Sideshow already has a decreased presence in this forum. And I wonder if it is not due to the the complaining being somewhat more prevelant lately.

But if the complaints dont hold any water, then why would they stay away? There will be haters and cheerleaders, but at the same time some of the critiscm is justified, and this instance I believe it was.

Again Im glad Dusty took the time to pop in and clear that up, I for one, like to see more of that. If it means easing up on the SS hating when they drop another trooper then I will.. but I wont if they release another CCC :lol

There's gotta be some thruth to it. People've been dropping Star Wars farts here in the Joe forums and overall, I'm finding this place becoming more and more like the Spawn.com boards... unfortunately.

BTW, this Q&A is now on the SSC site.... I added a comment to the page regarding the camo FF sculpt, as have others. Not a bad idea for more Freaks to do the same, IMO.

I got a couple of those Mike Force figures from TRU a few years ago when they went on sale for like ten dollars. I wanted the black packs and boonie covers for my kitbashed S.W.A.T. figures. I still have all of the gear for them.

But nam, are you sure that weapon is the correct one for Firefly?

Back