SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Q & A from TNI

3rd portrait?? wasn't there only 1 head with firefly?

they should have just made a real balaclava in the camo pattern to include.

:lecture:lecture:lecture It would've been much easier. I'm happy this way too as it means I can bash a misc. Ice Viper with the cammo'd headsculpt and the BDUs.

Re: Q & A from TNI

I'm guessing Sideshow felt "the hood has camo for hardcore fans, but this has been the first figure to have missed the target...and by far. IMHO, a simple camo paint scheme on the head isn't going to fix the problem because the colors are far off basic grey, he'll just look weird.

QUESTION: Why was the GI Joe Firefly 12-inch figure made so different from the concept artwork we were shown at SDCC? The concept art looked like a great interpretation of the character. A perfect mix of his traditional look and some modern updates. But the actual figure seem completely different. His mask doesn’t even feature the classic camo pattern, and the rest of his clothing is very different from the concept artwork as well. Can we expect any tweaks to this figure between now and production? At the very least a camo pattern to his mask? -AND- I think the upcoming GI Joe Firefly is pretty impressive. But I was wondering why the drastic change from the production art shown at SDCC 2009. Also, PLEASE PLEASE reconsider painting Firefly’s mask camo colors. Keep up the great work, YO JOE! -and- There are many of us wondering if we are going to get a camo head with your current Firefly in the GI Joe 12″ series? If not, will a classic version be issued down the line?

ANSWER: Our development team works hard to find a balance between classic Joe designs and modern practical real-world gear so that the 12-inch figures are immediately recognizable as their source characters but feature as much of the gear that a real-world operative of their type might actually use. We did read the feedback to the Firefly figure reveal and do see that many wish that the facemask could be painted in camo colors. We were hesitant to paint it in camo due to production paint limitations, but we are attempting to turn-out a sample with painted camo to see if the effect looks good enough to warrant including a third portrait in the package. Stay tuned - we’ll have an update for you before Firefly ships.

So he is already coming with TWO! :google

Last edited:
I have no idea. I just submitted a question asking about what the second head is. But it sounds like he is at least coming with a second head! But a third head possibly being included is amazing! That is something HT would do (ie Leonidas). And if they don't even raise the price, that would be even better! :google

Has Firefly even been shown unmasked?

I couldn't care less about an unmasked head; I just REALLY hope they include a traditional camo mask so that I don't have to pay someone to customize it.

Guess the "maskless" head could be the "faceless master" from the comic photo. Yea, he turned his head real fast so they could not see is face. Wonderful writing Hama.

About time they listened and gave us what we wanted but they still didn't answer the question as to why the original production art was changed.

About time they listened and gave us what we wanted but they still didn't answer the question as to why the original production art was changed.

You sure about that?

Our development team works hard to find a balance between classic Joe designs and modern practical real-world gear so that the 12-inch figures are immediately recognizable as their source characters but feature as much of the gear that a real-world operative of their type might actually use.

I couldn't care less about an unmasked head

Same here. If they want to add something, add the right sub-machine gun and a frame for his backpack.

That's the same old excuse they've been giving us since Day 1. They conveniently evaded directly answering the reason as to why the production concept was not used.

That's the same old excuse they've been giving us since Day 1. They conveniently evaded directly answering the reason as to why the production concept was not used.

That was the reason. Just because you aren't satisfied with it doesn't make it not the answer. Would you like them to write you a book? Maybe they can build a confessional and you can buy a cassock and some rosaries. :rolleyes:

Dusty just got back to me. The THIRD head was a typo. They are considering adding a second head, the camo head though. So he will come with two tops. Hopefully that happens!

Back