SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is the same. Good work. I found one on ebay that was only missing the stock, but the BR Joker one is perfect.

Should be one ornery b---h of an accessory to track down too. :banghead

Re: Q & A from TNI

Lets hope we see Beach Head tonight so we can talk about something else.

Wouldnt it be funny if there interpretation had a camo mask :)

What does the actually suit or cloth look like?

UltSldrMikeForce1.jpg

We're talking about the gun. :lol The gun you see slung on the soldier who's handling the COM is a Swedish K.

Oh I thought it was a camo suit from the pic, you still going with that one camo suit you got off eBay for FF, I'm thinking about purchasing it as well but I'm sure on the color. I would like it more if it were a dark grey camo.

The more I glance at the FF image in banner at the top of this site the more I'm growing to like him as is. A second HS with painted camo will just be a win/win for everyone.

The more I glance at the FF image in banner at the top of this site the more I'm growing to like him as is. A second HS with painted camo will just be a win/win for everyone.

Yes it would. I remember the photoshopped pics of him with the camo mask and it mad all the difference. And the fact they are even mentioning adding a second head makes me think they will. Why mention something like that and not do it? That would only further piss people off.

The more I glance at the FF image in banner at the top of this site the more I'm growing to like him as is.

You like him because it's a cool as heck looking figure. But it's not Firefly. The camo head will help that immensely. It's crucial, imho.

Yes it would. I remember the photoshopped pics of him with the camo mask and it mad all the difference. And the fact they are even mentioning adding a second head makes me think they will. Why mention something like that and not do it? That would only further piss people off.
Really. It was a big enough of a strategic miscalculation to show concept art of what people wanted, then to give them something completely out of left field that appeals to a much smaller audience. To raise hopes again only to have them dashed would turn even more people off. I don't see what answering that question that way does for them if it doesn't turn out that they can do the camo due to "production difficulties" or whatever the line is.

If that's the case then it's a clear admission that their factory painters suck balls. I really fail to see the production challenges of a camo paint scheme. Lesser toy companies do it all the time. Sideshow can do it.

Last edited:
If that's the case then it's a clear admission that their factory painters suck balls. I really fail to see the production challenges of a camo paint scheme. Lesser toy companies do it all the time. Sideshow can do it.

Exactly, I think SS thought "hey this will be cool, all black mask" and it backfired. This is there way of covering up. So we will get our second head.

Exactly, I think SS thought "hey this will be cool, all black mask" and it backfired. This is there way of covering up. So we will get our second head.

That mask wasn't back bud, it's gray (like a charcoal). Just like all the people who said there was "green" in the cammo, you need to fix your monitor settings.

Sorry IJ. I don't consider the above an A+ cammo paint job. Perfectly acceptable for a 1:18 scale $4 figure (or $7 now), but certainly not for a 1:6 scale $100+ figure. And if Sideshow had gone that route, with as bad as the complaints are already, I have a feeling we'd be calling 911 for severe cases of anemia due to all the hemorrhaging female parts here.

Sorry IJ. I don't consider the above an A+ cammo paint job. Perfectly acceptable for a 1:18 scale $4 figure (or $7 now), but certainly not for a 1:6 scale $100+ figure.

Of course. But that's not the point. If Hasbro can do an acceptable job of camo paint on $4-$7 1:18 scale figure, what is preventing Sideshow from doing a relatively acceptable (more detailed) job on their $125+ 1:6 figures??

Bottom line, if Sideshow can't pull off camo paint jobs on 1:6 heads then they don't need to be in this business. But like others, I don't think this is the case. They're likely just back-peddling because they went a bit too far off the reservation with their final Firefly design and paid for it with the feedback from most JOE fans.

And you would think if they couldn't paint camo that they wouldn't have picked up a millitary line like GI Joe. Plus a camo pattern can't be more difficult to do than Darth Maul's tattoos, which they did YEARS ago.

Back