SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see that becoming the standard for those NEW MIB freak collectors out there. Kinda like an unopened comic book guy....

Meh, heat the tape and it'll peel right off. Then just stick it back. With the exception of purchasing a rated one, there's really no way of knowing whether or not it was opened. Even with the shipper, one can always claim it was re-sealed by SSC before shipment.

Nope. What I am talking about can not be avoided...it is not possible.

Don't forget DC. I want to see what your talking about. All my Joes are unopened and I wanna cross check a few I bought on eBay under the 'guise of being unopened. If any of mine HAVE been opened, I sure can't tell...

Don't forget DC. I want to see what your talking about. All my Joes are unopened and I wanna cross check a few I bought on eBay under the 'guise of being unopened. If any of mine HAVE been opened, I sure can't tell...

You should consider opening them for inspection. The figures sometimes come with quality issues. 2 left or right feet. Duplicate hands (Making one missing). Alot of Beach Head bodies had cracked abdomen, broken items, some one got a Zartan body with 2 left (or right) forearms.
The boxes are collector friendly for a reason. Mib doesnt mean much anymore. You can sell any mib figure and well taken care one for the same price.

Meh, heat the tape and it'll peel right off. Then just stick it back. With the exception of purchasing a rated one, there's really no way of knowing whether or not it was opened. Even with the shipper, one can always claim it was re-sealed by SSC before shipment.

This is still an opened figure, to me. It doesn't make any difference who opened it or when. SSC has opened some of them prior to shipping. They stuck gift cards in some of them. My Commander Gree came with a gift card inside the box and iirc, so did one of my Endor troopers when I ordered them as a set. Also, I firmly believe that Sideshow puts returned figures out for the waitlist after they make corrections. And I strongly believe that despite Sideshow's denials. It would be stupid not to.

My own opinion is that once the box is closed by the last person on the assembly line. It is factory sealed. If it is opened after that...even by the same worker 5 seconds after closing it because they noticed something out of place, it is an open figure.

Now, what I have done because of this is to adjust my own expectations of the condition of the box way down. And it is easy to accept because everyone knows that Sideshow has made these boxes to be re-used with minimal heartache. And most collectors seem to me to take that in to consideration. I no longer claim "factory sealed" on anything...even if it IS factory sealed. If I figure it is that close to being indiscernible from a factory sealed figure, I will just say that the buyer would be hard pressed to tell it from a factory sealed one.

That all goes for the product box. As far as the shipper goes, it is just there to protect the product box. So I as long as it is in good enough shape to do that, I don't care any further than that about it.

This is still an opened figure, to me. It doesn't make any difference who opened it or when. SSC has opened some of them prior to shipping. They stuck gift cards in some of them. My Commander Gree came with a gift card inside the box and iirc, so did one of my Endor troopers when I ordered them as a set. Also, I firmly believe that Sideshow puts returned figures out for the waitlist after they make corrections. And I strongly believe that despite Sideshow's denials. It would be stupid not to.

My own opinion is that once the box is closed by the last person on the assembly line. It is factory sealed. If it is opened after that...even by the same worker 5 seconds after closing it because they noticed something out of place, it is an open figure.

Now, what I have done because of this is to adjust my own expectations of the condition of the box way down. And it is easy to accept because everyone knows that Sideshow has made these boxes to be re-used with minimal heartache. And most collectors seem to me to take that in to consideration. I no longer claim "factory sealed" on anything...even if it IS factory sealed. If I figure it is that close to being indiscernible from a factory sealed figure, I will just say that the buyer would be hard pressed to tell it from a factory sealed one.

That all goes for the product box. As far as the shipper goes, it is just there to protect the product box. So I as long as it is in good enough shape to do that, I don't care any further than that about it.

Hit the nail on the head man. And as far as the shipper goes, they are nice to have but does anyone really care about the brown shippers?

Hit the nail on the head man. And as far as the shipper goes, they are nice to have but does anyone really care about the brown shippers?

I do like to have them. But I don't care what they look like as long as they can protect the product box when I store it.

I care about the brown shippers only to the point that they protect my boxes in storage, thats about it. I could care less if they're covered in postage, ripped up a little, etc, as long as they are capable of doing what they do.

an opened figure is when the ACTUAL figure is removed from the box for the first time...opening the flaps to make sure the figure has everything is STILL Mint in MINT in Box...the figure is still NEW!

an opened figure is when the ACTUAL figure is removed from the box for the first time...opening the flaps to make sure the figure has everything is STILL Mint in MINT in Box...the figure is still NEW!

Edit - You, sir, are mistaken.

Last edited:
Edit - You, sir, are mistaken.

how? if the figure was never removed from the box or touched...it's still MINT and BRAND NEW...opening the flaps to look means nothing,but removing the figure does and would constitute no longer mint

a figure never removed is still BRAND NEW :exactly:

I think Nam was questioned about the shape of the brown shipper box on something he was selling.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Idiots have seen what the people do with statues where the shipper helps add authenticity to the piece, and have applied that to HT and SSC figures. It's stupid, but there are morons who demand mint shippers (which get added to my blocked bidder list ASAP). :lol

Once it is opened it is no longer Mint In Mint Box.

Wrong. That describes the physical condition only. You're meaning to say NIB (New In Box) or NISB (New In Sealed Box). If the figure was displayed but in mint condition and the box is in mint condition it is still Mint In Mint Box.

Back