SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not surprised at that price.

I want an exclusive. But I would have taken that one at that price to get a few items that I want and part out the rest.

A little steep for me. Ima wait for one that goes for bids. I'll accept whatever it goes for...

up to 225.00 at which point I'll just do the BIN on that one...:)

Oh, and speaking of Duke...one of these days I need to get Snake Eyes, Flint and the gang back on the Search for him.

With these figures, its hard to tell if its mib or not. The box is so collector friendly, that you can open the figure inspected (played with) and put it back in the box and nobody would know.

you would know easily from collecting these...

you have to break the tape to get the figure out of its shell (easily seeing if it was tampered or not)...plus the tab flaps would show wear and creases

you have to break the tape to get the figure out of its shell (easily seeing if it was tampered or not)...plus the tab flaps would show wear and creases

Ya in just about all cases you can see if the tab flaps have been messed with even once but the taped trays isn't every figure. It seems hit or miss with each edition they send out if its the old ones that don't have the built in tray locks then they are usually always taped.

The one thing I have learned with SSC is that consistency isn't in there vocabulary.

With these figures, its hard to tell if its mib or not. The box is so collector friendly, that you can open the figure inspected (played with) and put it back in the box and nobody would know.

You can look at the box for less than 2 seconds and see if it has been opened. There is a telltale sign that can not be avoided.

I will post a comparison pic when I finally get my charger for my good camera.

There's a way of opening these without wear on the box flaps, I just insert one of my inking rulers underneath the top flap all the way through from the side and push back and lift up, no wear whatsoever.

Some have no tape. Besides a MIB person Im going to assume is not going to open the figure, so how would they know.

You can look at the box for less than 2 seconds and see if it has been opened. There is a telltale sign that can not be avoided.

I will post a comparison pic when I finally get my charger for my good camera.

It could be done, Ive done it.

There's a way of opening these without wear on the box flaps, I just insert one of my inking rulers underneath the top flap all the way through from the side and push back and lift up, no wear whatsoever.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Last edited:

I use a knife to push the tabs out from the inside of the box to keep them from getting damaged and always peel the tape away and restick it after checking a figure for QC issues if I'm not going to assemble him. Unless you're dusting for fingerprints, there's no way you'd know it'd been taken out. That said, most often, people forget that MIB would include a figure displayed for years and put back in the box.

Back