SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it was opened and the tape seals broken it is no longer mint in mint box. Mint figure, yes.

If it was opened and the tape seals broken it is no longer mint in mint box. Mint figure, yes.

If the box is undamaged, then it is still mint. It's no longer sealed, but that has nothing to do with being in mint condition. Therefore if you have a mint figure in a mint box, it is mint in mint box. Irony is, how would anybody know if a figure is mint in a sealed box? :lol

This is why the community has embraced NISB or NIB. Because there's really no way to determine the condition of an item in a sealed box. :wink1:

I know MIB collectors who wouldn't pay full value if the figure has any signs of being opened or removed from the box including broken tape seals. It can and does affect full value.

how? if the figure was never removed from the box or touched...it's still MINT and BRAND NEW...opening the flaps to look means nothing,but removing the figure does and would constitute no longer mint

a figure never removed is still BRAND NEW :exactly:

Nobody was talking about the figure. We were talking about the box. If you open the box. It can not be mint. It can be near mint. But not mint as mint means in perfect condition and few boxes are in perfect condition even when they are sealed.

And it is nice to see that you agree with yourself about your opinion.:)

how? if the figure was never removed from the box or touched...it's still MINT and BRAND NEW...opening the flaps to look means nothing,but removing the figure does and would constitute no longer mint

a figure never removed is still BRAND NEW :exactly:

Another thought on this. The fact that everybody throws around the word "mint" in their discriptions is another of the reasons that I have learned to maintain much lower standards for box condition.

Nobody was talking about the figure. We were talking about the box. If you open the box. It can not be mint. It can be near mint. But not mint as mint means in perfect condition and few boxes are in perfect condition even when they are sealed.

And it is nice to see that you agree with yourself about your opinion.:)

Opening the 3 flap fold out to see if all the pieces are there does not make the figure no longer mint or no longer MIB..its still brand new MINT

besides does the box really matter? as long as that figure was never removed from the box,then because of its special collector friendly box,it still stays as MIB or NIB (as Nam said)

And the Actual box can be graded as MINT or Excellent condition...AFA grades Sideshow figures with the boxes opened and Mint in Mint box depending on the number grade....I guess the figure is no longer NEW even though it was never removed :lol

The tape seals are broken

A plastic wrap over the figure is the only "seal" that gets broken...unless the figure inside is removable and his tape is removed or broken

I would think MOST collector's buying NEW,wouldn't mind if that plastic bag seal was broken when buying NEW from a seller to make sure ALL the pieces are there.(but again,never removed from box)

The tape seals are broken

Neither Sideshow nor HT tape their boxes anymore. And the tape on the trays can be removed and replaced without affecting the condition. I'd argue that if a store tapes a box shut, that box is no longer in mint condition.

The whole irony in this is that I've sold MIB figures where I've clearly stated that they were opened and inspected for breakage for the same price (if not slightly higher) than NIB/NISB items. So the only ones that lose out in the end are those too stuck in the cardback days where a clamshell or bubble actually tore the packaging so they're sticking to collecting terminology that's obsolete.

If the box is undamaged, then it is still mint. It's no longer sealed, but that has nothing to do with being in mint condition. Therefore if you have a mint figure in a mint box, it is mint in mint box. Irony is, how would anybody know if a figure is mint in a sealed box? :lol

This is why the community has embraced NISB or NIB. Because there's really no way to determine the condition of an item in a sealed box. :wink1:

Actually, you are mistaken on this aspect.

Opening the 3 flap fold out to see if all the pieces are there does not make the figure no longer mint or no longer MIB..its still brand new MINT

besides does the box really matter? as long as that figure was never removed from the box,then because of its special collector friendly box,it still stays as MIB or NIB (as Nam said)

And the Actual box can be graded as MINT or Excellent condition...AFA grades Sideshow figures with the boxes opened and Mint in Mint box depending on the number grade....I guess the figure is no longer NEW even though it was never removed :lol

reductioadabsurdum.jpg

Here you are talking about the figure again. Did you read in my last response to you that the figure is not the subject? Try to keep up with the conversation. Further, a simple application of common sense should help you to see that opening the flap does not constitute opening the box.

However, repeated opening and closing of that flap will further damage the box. You can't argue the point. And throwing in fringe information does nothing to support your point. You can have a sealed box that is not in mint condition.

reductioadabsurdum.jpg

Here you are talking about the figure again. Did you read in my last response to you that the figure is not the subject? Try to keep up with the conversation. Further, a simple application of common sense should help you to see that opening the flap does not constitute opening the box.

However, repeated opening and closing of that flap will further damage the box. You can't argue the point. And throwing in fringe information does nothing to support your point. You can have a sealed box that is not in mint condition.

I keep up just fine thanks,I'm just trying to makes sense of "your idea" of what MIB is...

So if you have a NIB/MIB Figure and a Sideshow sealed cardboard Mailer MIB figure...whats the difference? they are both NEW!

should the same two figures (both new) get more $$$ than the other? NO! New is New...:lol

Collector friendly boxes are just in another category when it comes to Mint.Never removed from box = Mint = same value

Back