1/6 SSC Dengar Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Dengar has a lot of major challenges in getting a fig of him to look just right, more than you'd think just glancing at the character - too fat, too thin, the armor bunching up, his body looking too big for his head, the two different head wraps looking weird, the difficulty in getting gloves to fit over the forearm armor and still have articulation etc. He's as tough as Fett to get right.

There's a few accuracy errors on the SSC fig and the paint could have been a tad better but overall, I really think they did a great job with this. If people want to be picky there's a few simple mods that could bring it up a few notches, but it's a nice figure as-is - to me certainly better than V.1 Bossk or V.1 Fett turned out

Dengar's always going to be displayed in a BH group to some degree and for that, this fig has more than enough wow.:clap

Of the bounty hunters, old head wrap was my least favorite, I even hated his original 3.3/4 figure which I think my mom bought me as I wouldv'e never picked him out myself. The Sideshow figure on the other hand has actually made me more appreciative of his design. Still not something I'd fork out $200 on, I'd buy IG-88 before I'd get him, but still a really well made figure.

That custom of yours looks mightily impressive though!

Dengar has always been on my top 10, so I’m happy that he’ll get here soon... meaning about two months as I need to wait for my local shop.
It’s always frustrating to see the quality drop from Proto to production, but it is to be expected... at least from SSC.

My Dengar shipped yesterday, should be here on Wednesday. No word from Sideshow on Zuckuss yet, I never even got the email saying he was preparing to ship.

Zuckuss should be here Wednesday and Dengar on Thursday. It will be great to finally finish up the Bounty Hunters. I would love if they started work on some Jabba the Hutt aliens next.

Amanaman, Ephant man, Ree-yees and the Quarren would be awesome.

The idea of a 1/6 scale Ree-Yees, Amanaman and Yak-Face was one of the biggest reasons I got into 1/6 scale collecting in the first place. That was well over 10 years ago so to say that these are long overdue is an understatement.

Amanaman and Ephant Mon would cost $400 each!

More like $300 - Amanaman isn't as huge as people remember. And I'd rather pay $300 for a 1/6 Amanaman than an Emperor and throne.:dunno

The idea of a 1/6 scale Ree-Yees, Amanaman and Yak-Face was one of the biggest reasons I got into 1/6 scale collecting in the first place. That was well over 10 years ago so to say that these are long overdue is an understatement.

:lecture:exactly:

I would buy anything from the cantina. Some Talz, Duros, Devaronian, ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Dengar which was due to be delivered on Thursday has already arrived in London.

Zuckuss, who was due to be delivered on Wednesday, got sent to Paris and now his delivery date is "pending".

:dunno

He probably wanted to get out and enjoy the city. ;)

:lol

He wanted to paint the town red...

ef92ca98bb5853aba8909f4c54ebada9.jpg

Saying that, he's just left Charles de Gaulle...probably in a pool of blood.

Dengar arrived this morning, however he is missing all of his accessories from the top tray: no pistol, no rifle, no pair of hands. Guess it's time to see how Sideshow wants to handle it! Ah, well. Guess that bounty hunter reunion is going to have to wait just a weensy bit longer.

Just got Dengar in. While he looks pretty good out of the box, my first issue is that the hands are absolute rubbish for getting him to hold his rifle like he does the only time we ever see him in Empire. You wouldn't think that would be a hard pose, right?

Dengar-TESB30.jpg

Last edited:
Just got Dengar in. While he looks pretty good out of the box, my first issue is that the hands are absolute rubbish for getting him to hold his rifle like he does the only time we ever see him in Empire. You wouldn't think that would be a hard pose, right?

View attachment 391800

It's actually not possible to 100% achieve that pose anyway because the Sideshow rifle has a stock whereas the prop had the stock removed entirely - in most shots of Dengar in that pose, his right hand is cupped around the area where the stock was removed.

SSC for some reason has included a stock-standard MG42, whereas both ends of Dengar's MG42 is quite different - stock entirely removed at one end, and a totally different/new end nozzle (flash suppressor) that should be bright aluminium.

I was wondering why I couldn't see the butt of the stock. Yeah, it's not there, is it? It'll sure make things easier if I can remove the stock.

Back