1/6 SSC Dengar Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like some posts are missing due to the board migration but thanks again for the compliments everyone:duff

I went back and added a missing scar to the nose...

DSC_0727.JPG

And with my reworked/painted Hasbro IG-88...i'm still sorry i missed out on all the other bounty hunters from SS but with current prices being crazy the Hasbro versions will have to do:)

DSC_0721.JPG

Awesome job, Matrix!
The proportions on the Hasbro IG sculpt are so much better than the SSC. Has anyone ever attempted a head swap? I?ve tried popping the head off the SS IG but seems kind of sketchy and don?t wanna break it.

Awesome job, Matrix!
The proportions on the Hasbro IG sculpt are so much better than the SSC. Has anyone ever attempted a head swap? I?ve tried popping the head off the SS IG but seems kind of sketchy and don?t wanna break it.

To be clear: you are talking their 12" version? Ty

To be clear: you are talking their 12" version? Ty

Yeah, the 12? Hasbro sculpt is shaped more accurately (tapers in towards the neck) and is also not backwards like the SSC sculpt. Where adjusting the ?scope? to his right side of the head the red lights (in the correct configuration) end up on the back instead of the front like one the Hasbro. I?ve never held or seen the Hasbro version so I don?t know how compatable they are or how similar in scale they are to one another.

Yeah, the 12? Hasbro sculpt is shaped more accurately (tapers in towards the neck) and is also not backwards like the SSC sculpt. Where adjusting the ?scope? to his right side of the head the red lights (in the correct configuration) end up on the back instead of the front like one the Hasbro. I?ve never held or seen the Hasbro version so I don?t know how compatable they are or how similar in scale they are to one another.

thanks, will need to check it out

Yeah, I'm planning to cut the head and shoulder bells off the Hasbro IG and put them on the Sideshow figure. The Sideshow figure's body and arms are night and day better than the Hasbro (which is nice overall but has quite shallow detailing) but the SSC head is a total dud and they did big segment cuts out of the shoulder bells so you can have IG doing ballet moves.

I'm going to glue the SSC head and bells onto the Hasbro body and paint it all white-wash as a backdrop for my custom Ugnaught.

My SSC lights stopped working (well, you can sort of rattle it and it eventually stays on but I never bother) and didn't look all that great anyway - light leaks etc. - and I think painted eyes will look as good.

The only other issue is the lower body cables which I'm replacing too.

Love seeing new reviews of some older figs. I really think Dengar, Rogue Squadron Luke and Phase 2 Rex are some of the best human figures sideshow ever produced.

Nice review but the blaster rifle is not all that screen accurate - SSC included a standard MG42, whereas Dengar's MG42 has no stock at all and a totally different flash supressor.

That's okay, this isn't screen accurate either....but it sure does kick ass.....

unnamed (1).jpg

Back