1/6 SSC Dengar Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was holding out on these thinking there would be loads of stuff from the newer films I wanted but I decided to just pick up all three remaining. Found 4 Lom on Popkultcha for 235.00 US plus 17.00 in shipping which is cheaper than Sideshow to L.A. and then pre-ordered the last two with free shipping.

All 6 original Bounty Hunters will be complete soon.

Received an email yesterday from SSC, stating that my final flex payment got pushed back to March now for Dengar...

Wow...he looks really good...got an email from Sideshow showing off the figure in new photos...but nothing for Zuckuss that ships tomorrow....hope he looks as good...

I'm looking at the proto pics and the production pics side-by-side...
They've changed a lot. Overall the figure looks softer? Some of the details didn't translate over too well on the back pack.
Dengar also seems slimmer.

It's still a stellar figure, but the production pics do point up that proto-to-production drop that Sideshow has become known for. Minor-but-noticeable stuff like the finish on the backpack (which looks a bit more toy-like versus the proto) and getting rid of the silver weathering and grime on the armor parts are things that shouldn't happen at these new pricepoints.

The paint on the production head also shows why people should be a bit cautious with the new SSC Luke Jedi - it's still obviously a nice head (and the sculpt is nice, as SSC sculpts usually are,) but its a noticeable drop in apps quality from the proto that they sold the fig with, and sub-par compared to even DID military figures.

Glad to see they corrected the pistol scope (which was on backwards in the proto) but I really wish they would have corrected the rifle nozzle and stock instead of going with a standard MG 42 - it's not what he has in the movie (nozzle is totally different and it has no stock at all.)

There's other errors that made it through to production like the belt (should be a pleated Hoth Rebel soldier belt, not a stock webbing belt like they used) but these are more minor. It's just amazing they did Dengar - he's quite a complex outfit and SSC really delivered on his overall look well.

(Production on left, prototype on right)

lO6OEHk.png

kNADeeP.jpg

It's stellar for being what it is, I guess. I mean I took a pretty amazing **** today, doesn't make it's worth 250 bucks. All kidding aside I'll reserve my right to send it back once I've seen it in person. Right now, for me it's not looking like a keeper. Which sucks cause I'm invested in this bounty hunter line up. I hope Zuckuss fairs better. :pray:

It's still a stellar figure, but the production pics do point up that proto-to-production drop that Sideshow has become known for. Minor-but-noticeable stuff like the finish on the backpack (which looks a bit more toy-like versus the proto) and getting rid of the silver weathering and grime on the armor parts are things that shouldn't happen at these new pricepoints.

The paint on the production head also shows why people should be a bit cautious with the new SSC Luke Jedi - it's still obviously a nice head (and the sculpt is nice, as SSC sculpts usually are,) but its a noticeable drop in apps quality from the proto that they sold the fig with, and sub-par compared to even DID military figures.

Glad to see they corrected the pistol scope (which was on backwards in the proto) but I really wish they would have corrected the rifle nozzle and stock instead of going with a standard MG 42 - it's not what he has in the movie (nozzle is totally different and it has no stock at all.)

There's other errors that made it through to production like the belt (should be a pleated Hoth Rebel soldier belt, not a stock webbing belt like they used) but it's amazing they did Dengar - he's quite a complex outfit and they really delivered on his overall look well.

(Production on left, prototype on right)

lO6OEHk.png

kNADeeP.jpg

Agreed. I'm still looking forward to him but it should be noted that there are some areas of the figure that look noticeably less realistic. I can understand the sculpt to an extent but some of the fine detail on the armor and pack appears to be absent. Grrrrrrrrr. :gah:

Looks pretty nice overall. Not collecting the bounty hunters (outside Boba possibly), but this one became the most interesting to me after the great Hasbro Vintage Collection figure.

Looks pretty nice overall. Not collecting the bounty hunters (outside Boba possibly), but this one became the most interesting to me after the great Hasbro Vintage Collection figure.

I'm skipping the bugs and going with just the other four. I got this with that $50 off coupon so that takes out some of the sting. If you look at the production version independently it does look pretty good, but then I look at the proto :drool

Aside from the sculpt looking less lifelike(sorta expected that) they have clearly used some different components on the pack and the overall weathering appears to have taken a significant hit.

The biggest disappointment for me is the lack of weathering on the body armour. The proto looked nicely beaten up but on The production figure it looks very plain. As others have said, it’s by no means a deal breaker but at these price points hitting somewhere near the proto should be achievable. for me that area in particular is some way off of what it should have looked like.

Production figures ALWAYS look different than the proto. Softer and less detailed. No surprise there.
He still looks good.

I wish the head-wrap looked more matte. The chin strap seems smaller and tighter too. The whole wrap around the face and neck area looks like it shrunk a bit and is more form fitting- I liked the baggy look on the proto a little better. The back pack, while lacking the distressed detail of the proto, actually looks better in some ways. I like the prodo version of the bedroll and the strapping looks a little sturdier. And as someone else mentioed, he looks a little less hefty in the prodo version.

Still very much looking forward to him. Can't wait to see the in-hand photos start pouring in.

Now let's see some fresh shots of Zuckuss, Sideshow...

I think he looks great and I can't wait to finally finish up the Bounty Hunters. Will look great seeing them altogether and I can finally replace the last of the Hasbro ones.

Ahh sideshow. You never fail to disappoint. There is just something with paint that they can't reproduce from proto to production. Its plagued them for years. Its still better than anything else 1/6. The silver paint can just be applied with your finger, so that isn't a big deal. You may even be able to get by with putting a silver sharpie on your finger and rubbing it in there if you are afraid of paint.

Was charged for Dengar and Zuckuss today...they shouldn't be far away now.:yess:...possibly early next week.

Bossk, Dengar, Fett and IG-88 was the “A” tier bounty hunters for me as a kid playing with his action figures in the 80’s. I love the look of all four. Never cared for that insects. To me those two were people you didn’t’ want to hang out with but where part of the group through association with another friend.

Anyways looking forward to when HT tackles these bad boys…….I can’t wait

Back