1/6 SSC Dengar Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't appear that Dengar/Morris Bush particularly tall:

attachment.php

Yet,

However,

[emoji38]

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Morris_Bush
Huh. I was just curious, because that one shot that they used for the teaser makes it look like Bush is relatively close to Vader in height, which is quite a feet (heheh) seeing as Vader is 6'5"-6'6" without the armor.

I could be wrong but I think I read somewhere that the actor who played Dengar had seen the inside of a jail a few times. So not just some tubby guy.

British boxer-turned-actor Maurice Bush (who was occasionally billed as Morris Bush) was a supporting player in a number of British films and television series from the 1950s to the 1990s. His filmography includes The Hellfire Club featuring Peter Cushing, crime drama The Frightened City starring a young Sean Connery (both 1961), Scars of Dracula (1970), alongside Christopher Lee and The Creeping Flesh (1973), alongside both Cushing and Lee. Bush also appeared in the bizarre musical comedy Son of Dracula (a.k.a. Count Downe) in 1974, directed by Freddie Francis, and starring legendary musician Harry Nilsson. This strange movie also features Ringo Starr as Merlin the magician. Bush's small role as the mute and child-like Frankenstein Monster is both charming and memorable. He also appeared in many popular British television series, including Dixon of Dock Green, Doctor Who (cast as an Ogron, an alien enemy of the Doctor) and Inspector Morse.

The more you know, I guess...

I somehow never quite realised that most of his armour was made from spare Stormtrooper bits. Not the most flattering costume, that's for sure.

Armored Diaper Man.

No Thanks.

Rather bad-ass from certain angles though.

dengar.jpg

The figure was just finished fully early this week and was packed away for the show (this is also the case with Zuckuss as well). So no time for photos (let alone getting an asset approved to publish online by the licensor). Ideally we'd love to have photos of all products being shown off at the show online before the start of SDCC but it's not always possible.

Y'all should be seeing tons of from the show floor of all the bounty hunters though! :)

-SideshowAlex

So Zuckuss and Dengar will debut on SDCC floor, no online pics at all beforehand?:horror

Hopefully Rook will be on-hand to futz on the floor.

it`s great that dengar getting a release. it has to be better then my custom if I want this. my friend did my custom dengar the detail he did on this is outstanding. I don't even think sideshow could do the detailing he did on the backpack but time will tell once we see photos of him

The more you know, I guess...

I somehow never quite realised that most of his armour was made from spare Stormtrooper bits. Not the most flattering costume, that's for sure.

Somehow the costume is very appealing to me. Always has been. Loved my old Kenner figure as a kid.

Sell a thousand.

Put him on special offer. Sell another 100.

Keep the remaining 900 to sell a couple of years later, having to explain that they didn't make any more, but the initial run of 2000 didn't sell out.

Sell a thousand.

Put him on special offer. Sell another 100.

Keep the remaining 900 to sell a couple of years later, having to explain that they didn't make any more, but the initial run of 2000 didn't sell out.

As long as they stick to the 2000 in all or change something significantly I really don't see the problem. It's still an edition of 2000.

As long as they stick to the 2000 in all or change something significantly I really don't see the problem. It's still an edition of 2000.

My memory is edition sizes were announced frequently in the beginning. Sideshow had a special web page that always crashed when the order would go live. I think obi wan Kenobi sold out in 2 minutes. I joked at the time that announcing edition sizes was pointless because
If you got on a waitlist it seemed to convert about 99% of the time. Besides, the figures aren't individually numbered. I feel the same way about this figure as well.

I think its funny that its come full circle with the edition sizes.... now once again used to entice buyers... even though Sideshow has proven they have no problem with reissues now.

I would love to get this but if its $275 or more, no way.

My guess is somewhere around $250. Which is pretty amazing for a third tier character.

Again, there's so many of these characters that SSC should have done years ago instead of those 97 different trooper variants they put out. 5-7 years ago, everything on a SSC Dengar fig but the headsculpt would have been much the same quality as now but half the price (and the headsculpt on this will be batter than 2008 but still not HT quality, despite the HT price.)

It's really frustrating to think of all the figs we could have (and should have) gotten for $90-150.

I think its funny that its come full circle with the edition sizes.... now once again used to entice buyers... even though Sideshow has proven they have no problem with reissues now.

It's just a little odd to feature it so prominently given what's happened (i.e. seems pretty blatant) - and yeah, I guess, to have it at all.

But I guess newbs wouldn't understand the "limited to the number we can sell" thing.:lol

My guess is somewhere around $250. Which is pretty amazing for a third tier character.

Again, there's so many of these characters that SSC should have done years ago instead of those 97 different trooper variants they put out. 5-7 years ago, everything on a SSC Dengar fig but the headsculpt would have been much the same quality as now but half the price (and the headsculpt on this will be batter than 2008 but still not HT quality, despite the HT price.)

It's really frustrating to think of all the figs we could have (and should have) gotten for $90-150.

It's just a little odd to feature it so prominently given what's happened (i.e. seems pretty blatant) - and yeah, I guess, to have it at all.

But I guess newbs wouldn't understand the "limited to the number we can sell" thing.:lol

There was a time when “being priced out” might have hurt. Now that scar has healed and thickened and I don’t feel it anymore. Its funny how when you know your not buying a figure you could care less. I notice this when I am at the collectable store and I see HT Star Wars license displayed (i.e.. Luke, Leia, TFA, etc). I’ll stop and say “nice” and walk away. The only figure where I stopped and thought was cool was “R5 D4”. Looked solid. But I have no place for it in my collection so I “Moved along”!!

these bounty hunters....if ya get one you need all 5. like many, I'm not sure i can swing $1200 some odd dollars for a bounty hunter gallery....however tough as it may be to decline....the little boy in me is throwing a temper tantrum but for some reason i just can't do it.

Back