1/6 SSC Dengar Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else getting sick of SSC's premature teaser preview announcements?
Just get to it already. By the time these things get released the fabric will change, the bodies will be floppy, the thumbs put on backwards and the likeness subpar.

...yup, will be lucky to have Dengar in-hand by Christmas of next year. Seriously.

Theyre damned if they do and damned if they dont. I dont have a problem with them showing that this figure is being worked on and revealed at sdcc. Not sure what the harm of that is. If they said nothing many would be complaining that they dont inform us of products or theyre leaving the line unfinshed or something like that.

The only exception is the Flash which got revealed but there was never a PO. But for the most part for all od ssc's issues if they reveal something it comes to be.

This is most welcome. ..looking forward to the reveal. Hadn't heard about that Solo carbonate returning. ..really excited about that.

Had heard rumblings long ago that HT was producing a Han Solo Bespin with a Carbonite Block (some of you may remember)... but apparently HT has let Sideshow take the lead on this now. I get the feeling sometimes that maybe Star Wars isn't selling like HT would like. So many troopers dropping prices on ebay. Maybe its just the new films, not OT.

Had heard rumblings long ago that HT was producing a Han Solo Bespin with a Carbonite Block (some of you may remember)... but apparently HT has let Sideshow take the lead on this now. I get the feeling sometimes that maybe Star Wars isn't selling like HT would like. So many troopers dropping prices on ebay. Maybe its just the new films, not OT.

So the Han Bespin head will look terrible. The problem is Hot Toys just released too many episode 7 figures. I do think they over estimated demand. Also big problem is cost per figure. But again, too much coming out over different franchises.

Yeah, a lot of them seem like they're struggling to keep value. Even the flametrooper that was just released seems like it can already be had for $200. I bought the Snowtrooper on a whim cause I really liked the design but I'm sure they wouldn't have wanted to make a figure that had 2 seconds of screen time and some clunky deleted scenes.

Even the onslaught of different stormtroopers was a little silly, with figures like the Jakku trooper undercutting interest in the heavy gunner. I think they've produced or previewed (Finn) all but the black pauldron one in under 7 months from the movie's release. And released a gray pauldron one that might have been in he movie?

I've seen TIE pilots go for $165. I imagine by Christmas a lot of troopers will be blown out for very low prices. Maybe not PopCulcha's $72 Chitauri prices but low indeed. Even I decided not to get the Flametrooper after all. Really like him, but.... like you said, there's so much other stuff out there right now.

If Flametrooper hits $160 I'll likely bite again.

Yeah, a lot of them seem like they're struggling to keep value. Even the flametrooper that was just released seems like it can already be had for $200. I bought the Snowtrooper on a whim cause I really liked the design but I'm sure they wouldn't have wanted to make a figure that had 2 seconds of screen time and some clunky deleted scenes.

Even the onslaught of different stormtroopers was a little silly, with figures like the Jakku trooper undercutting interest in the heavy gunner. I think they've produced or previewed (Finn) all but the black pauldron one in under 7 months from the movie's release. And released a gray pauldron one that might have been in he movie?

I've seen TIE pilots go for $165. I imagine by Christmas a lot of troopers will be blown out for very low prices. Maybe not PopCulcha's $72 Chitauri prices but low indeed. Even I decided not to get the Flametrooper after all. Really like him, but.... like you said, there's so much other stuff out there right now.

If Flametrooper hits $160 I'll likely bite again.

SW merchandise-wise, this is feeling like 2000 and 2002 all over again - over-saturated product and dropping prices. Just like then, the movie was perhaps not the new classic people thought they were seeing despite big box office.

droid.jpg

vc_executor_01.jpg

^^Haha, i had that line up until a couple years ago. Good deal for $70--IG-88, Bossk, and Dengar are three of the best figures ever made in that line.

SW merchandise-wise, this is feeling like 2000 and 2002 all over again - over-saturated product and dropping prices. Just like then, the movie was perhaps not the new classic people thought they were seeing despite big box office.

Nobody thought they were seeing a new classic in 1999 or 2002.

^^Haha, i had that line up until a couple years ago. Good deal for $70--IG-88, Bossk, and Dengar are three of the best figures ever made in that line.

Nobody thought they were seeing a new classic in 1999 or 2002.

Eh... not so sure about that.:lol

Except that VII is a new classic.

Back