1/6 SSC Daredevil Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they were basically doing an all-red version of the armored Daredevil.
Nothing about the art says "armored".

dd_ssc_art_notes_zps7sakidkm.jpg

Just lines of layers to make it look less like shirt-n-pants.
Sideshow just couldn't make them look subtle and high quality which gave the "armored" feel.

Nothing about the art looks like a toy, either. What they really should do for ALL Superhero figures, is reverse engineer the HT BVS Batman. They could apply that body/suit (with less or more muscle) to all Superheroes. That would be a collection!!!

Sideshow's growing pains with this are interesting given they've been in this game for a long time. I understand the new body but the utilization of the new body shouldn't be creating so many issues as it's not the first time they've moved away from the standard. Batman was fantastic, not perfect but well done IMHO and The Joker, Harley, Catwoman - all visually great despite issues with the body types. Superman fell flat and The Green Lantern looked to have been the same to the point of causing The Flash to disappear.

Now we've got Deadpool which has it's fans, Punisher the same, Wolverine who visually looks great but is too skinny really and now an emaciated Daredevil. This is their 10th entrance into superheroes and it's still very ragged. It confusing really, and I wonder which heroes have been pulled like The Flash from this line for "retooling."

Nothing about the art says "armored".

dd_ssc_art_notes_zps7sakidkm.jpg

Just lines of layers to make it look less like shirt-n-pants.
Sideshow just couldn't make them look subtle and high quality which gave the "armored" feel.
Well at least they are transparent in the fact that those wacky knee "pads" have no utilitarian purpose.

Sideshow's growing pains with this are interesting given they've been in this game for a long time. I understand the new body but the utilization of the new body shouldn't be creating so many issues as it's not the first time they've moved away from the standard. Batman was fantastic, not perfect but well done IMHO and The Joker, Harley, Catwoman - all visually great despite issues with the body types. Superman fell flat and The Green Lantern looked to have been the same to the point of causing The Flash to disappear.

Now we've got Deadpool which has it's fans, Punisher the same, Wolverine who visually looks great but is too skinny really and now an emaciated Daredevil. This is their 10th entrance into superheroes and it's still very ragged. It confusing really, and I wonder which heroes have been pulled like The Flash from this line for "retooling."

I agree with most of that... although Superman is much better in-hand than pics suggest, and Wolverine is definitely NOT too skinny. Don't be fooled by some pics of that knock-off Wolverine. The SSC Wolverine is jacked.

gotta say that looks like a better body than what they used in the promo pics for the official one. Which is it? I have a feeling that once this daredevil does come out we will end up seeing some customizers do some great things with it.

gotta say that looks like a better body than what they used in the promo pics for the official one. Which is it? I have a feeling that once this daredevil does come out we will end up seeing some customizers do some great things with it.

The body is a Hot Toys True Type Muscle body.

Thanks
AFM

Again, just personal opinion, but the suit has grown on me. I think this looks better than the Netflix design. I think I'd rather have this on the shelf to be honest. Courtesy of Michael Crawford:
sdcc2017-sideshow-178.jpg

I definitely prefer this suit to the netflix version for sure. But can the quality of this hold the muster when compared to HT? AND at that price point?

Both designs are fugly, but at least the Netflix one makes some sort of sense while Sideshow's is simply stupid.
Again, it doesn't even look like the kinda cool concept art...
... which is still stupid but bad ass looking.

Oh I agree that the concept art looked miles better than the actual figure. To me, the Netflix outfit looks like some kind of motocross equipment, with a very derpy head. But on the flip side, at least you can be relatively confident that the HT figure will look like this. The difference between Sideshow promo figures and in-hand can create uncertainty for sure....

I used the $50 coupon on this guy, coupled with the free shipping being offered that put him at the price point he SHOULD be at to begin with. After seeing these latest pics I'm glad I did, shoulders look a LOT better than those skimpy ones in the promo pics.

Back