1/6 SSC Daredevil Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Design break down feature article is cool and hope they continue it. Luke warm on the figure. Lack of ankle articulation for a dynamic, nimble character puts it firmly in the "no buy" category for me. Oh well. Maybe ghost rider'll be good.

The cane looks to be the best part. Same with Wolverine, wanted the exclusive accessory and not the figure. Oh well.

man the design looks awesome in the drawing...but in the final product..not so much. If they had made the suit less bulky and maybe used a more muscular body, it might look good.

Yeah that was my first thought when I saw this pic was man his arms look really skinny. They really need to beef them up a bit.

man the design looks awesome in the drawing...but in the final product..not so much. If they had made the suit less bulky and maybe used a more muscular body, it might look good.

Yeah the contrast between the proportions on the concept design and final figure is almost funny with how different it is. It's a shame because I really dig the design and the suit. It definitely needs a more muscular body and a slightly smaller noggin. SSC is getting closer but they haven't nailed it yet IMO.

Yeah, they screwed the pooch on the execution...:ohbfrank:

Too bad it doesn't look more like this:

DD-NOTES-Front-view-1.jpg

The proportions are all wrong and I agree...the lack of ankle articulation is a real bummer.

I hope they never do this again...I absolutely despise when companies put out concept art that the product doesn't even come close to representing.

Last edited:
He really needs a more muscular body. If that happens, I might buy it.

Yeah that was my first thought when I saw this pic was man his arms look really skinny. They really need to beef them up a bit.

Yeah the contrast between the proportions on the concept design and final figure is almost funny with how different it is. It's a shame because I really dig the design and the suit. It definitely needs a more muscular body and a slightly smaller noggin. SSC is getting closer but they haven't nailed it yet IMO.

agreed with you guys...definitely needs a more muscular body. I like it...but will wait for discounts/specials

If this looked more like the conceptual art then I'd be happy to get it. It looks like it suffers from "Superman Syndrome" where the body really does make the difference. At this point they should just shove them all onto the Batman body and see what sticks.

The way the costume has a "V" pattern on his lower torso makes him look like he has a slight gut. Looks like Daredevil has the makings of a dad-bod. Definitely needs a more muscular frame, broader shoulders, etc. I don't mind the costume at all, it's just the way it hangs on this particular body. Hope they tweak the body a lot. If so, I'll buy.

It's strange but honestly, had I not seen the concept art I might've liked the figure better. The concept art just shows what it could've been and how far from target they actually landed.

Smells like a fail.

And THIS is why Sideshow sucks ass at 1/6 figures.
They can't even make a somewhat solid art-to-figure transition.
Yeah, it's like they said we're going for this...what do we have available. Take that pile of sh|_|t over there and make this as best you can...:lol

Head sculpt is the only thing that came out good. Still oversized tho...
It's sad when your pseudo-hi-end 1/6 figure looks worse in terms of proportions than a 1/12 figure from Mezco.

It's strange because the proportions are actually surprisingly realistic - he looks like a real guy, but just not entirely 'super'. I can understand if that's the direction they're going for but it's unfortunately not what a lot if people want. The HS appears to be a huge improvement over their other figs though so I'm hoping they keep improving - looking forward to GR.

Back