1/6 SSC Daredevil Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah same day I got my Dengar notice I got my DD :)
Happy days its been a long wait for horn head

Looks great
can not wait to get this , ( no sign of a shipping notice though , even though I was told it was shipping last week when they have taken my money )
oh well, still waiting

I also never understand why some of the people who get these figures first, are also the worst posers/photographers (look at that Wolverine pose, sheesh). Hey, I just got an early version of this figure. Let's make it look as bad as possible....

why does SS like to make their comic characters looking old and really long faced? This and batman look old and have long horse faces. Unnatural features if the cowls were off.

Looks even worse than the prototype... as expected.
And that guy thought the proto had real laces? Pfff :rotfl

why does SS like to make their comic characters looking old and really long faced? This and batman look old and have long horse faces. Unnatural features if the cowls were off.
Ask Walter O'Neal, he's the art designer and head sculptor.
Then again, these awful figures doesn't look like his art.

I agree with the long face. Was really considering buying the the D.C. heroes when they were announced. The joker and Harley looked amazing. Then came Batman
and superman with their horse faces. Didn't understand how someone would have approved the final sculpt. The new Batman sculpt looks a thousand times better. May preorder.
Daredevil.....disappointing so far. Hopefully someone can post good pics that might change my mind.

The concept art for this figure was so damn nice though!
Shame about the final product...
C0776817-F83D-430F-872E-4AB467C5F515.jpg

Attachments

• C0776817-F83D-430F-872E-4AB467C5F515.jpg
    C0776817-F83D-430F-872E-4AB467C5F515.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 258
Most figures look better in-hand and so far the few people on OSR who have him all say they are happy with him. Mine will be here by Monday, given the great job they did with GR I'm willing to reserve judgement until then.

Yea, too bad they didn't duplicate that concept art, it is perfect. But we know how Sideshow is with concept art (firefly........)

Anyway. Like all of 1/6. Everything from every manufacture is overpriced. $175ish would be fair for this figure. I had some coupons and paid 180 from SS.

Straight up, very fun figure. As you can see he is super poseable and holds all the poses well. HT DD looks nice, but that is all you can do with him. Move his arms and just look at it. Oh and he is actually red. Not maroon.

His billy clubs come with lots of extra pieces to make various styles and they are made of metal. Very nice. Several nice hands. The splayed hands are my favorites. Two piece boots. The outfit is well made. Not as shiny as the pics indicate. Being pleather and spandex allows him to be pose pretty much anyway DD would be.

Only nitpicks are he is a bit pin headed and i don't like the kneepads. Also swap out face plates like Batman has would have been awesome. A nice grimace and bloody face.

Anyway. A kewl figure. Haters gonna hate. Bring on Thor.

daredevil_01.jpg

daredevil_02.jpg

daredevil_03.jpg

daredevil_04.jpg

daredevil_05.jpg

daredevil_06.jpg

daredevil_07.jpg

daredevil_08.jpg

daredevil_09.jpg

daredevil_10.jpg

daredevil_11.jpg

daredevil_12.jpg

daredevil_13.jpg

daredevil_14.jpg

daredevil_15.jpg

daredevil_16.jpg

daredevil_17.jpg

daredevil_18.jpg

I think he looks like he falls right in line with the rest of the SS 1/6 Marvel figures. Sure they should all be at LEAST $50 cheaper but it is what it is. I used a $50 coupon from Sideshow so I feel okay about my purchase. Out of all the Marvel releases so far I'd say Punisher is the worst, Ghost Rider is the best, Thor looks like a winner.....wonder who the next figure is?

Thanks for the review and pics Evil! I'd say this turned out better than I would've thought. Love the metal accessories specifically. I'm still not so hot on that costume design.

Back