1/6 SSC Daredevil Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this and just may get it to go with the one I made. As far as people wanting Dr. Doom, 3A made a really nice one that just needs a little work on the feet and a simple tunic.

As a huge Daredevil fan I want to like this figure so badly. I like the head sculpt. I don't mind the upper half of the suit. While not amazing I can look past Sideshow's artistic interpretations. The lower half is awful and kills it for me. The pants seem way to loose and what is with the chunky knee pads... I want a 1/6th comic Daredevil in my collection even if its a loosely based one. But this figure just isn't it especially since I'm sure it will be around $220.

Fixed.
Nothin' great about Sideshow's Marvel based figures so far.

Really?!?! :huh

Other than the arm articulation being weird and maybe an over exaggerated head sculpt, figure came out pretty good. I generally don't think they excel at production but I have to give them credit for Wolvie...definitely better than expected. Admittedly the bar was low but he frames well with even Hot Toys figures. I really like mine.

I love Iron Man and really like Spider-Man and Cap, but they've been done to death in sixth scale. If Sideshow was smart, they'd give us someone that HT hasn't or can't make, like comic versions of Doctor Doom, The Thing, Mr. Fantastic, Rogue, Storm, Loki, Kang, Baron Von Strucker, Beast, Gambit The list just goes on. HT could make a Loki or Baron Von Strucker, but the comic versions of those characters look superior to their movie counterparts.

And hopefully, they don't screw up their designs the way they have with Daredevil here.

exactly

Oh WOW

don't hate me but I really like this,
Sure I would have preferred a more sleek comic look , and better boot articulation.

But all in all I actually like this. I didn't think I would as much ...but
damn that is a really great head sculpt. and I can forgive all my other minor nit picks because of that beautiful sculpt.
( Just don't send him to the same tanning salon as Frank went too )

Yeah I gotta agree, I was a bit on the fence with this one and to be honest if their Marvel line was moving a bit faster I might have passed this one up, but since this looks soo good and we might only see Ghost Rider this year I might just throw this on the flex pay. I really liked the pics explaining the design choices. You can tell a lot of thought was put into this piece.

One thing I greatly dislike about Sideshow is their inability to listen to ANY advice from thier fan base, this was the case with GL and appears to be the case here. It's not like everyone was asking for a complete overhaul of the costume but generally most people greatly disliked those awkward knee pads.....yet they kept them. I refuse to believe it's ignorance to people's complaints but rather an unmoving stubbornness for some reason. I LOVE DD and overall this looks to be a fairly solid figure with just a few misses, reworked knee pads and some form of Mezco-like shoulder pads may help fill this guy out, head sculpt looks solid and depending on the price I may bite.

Man, I did a search for "Daredevil" on their site several different times and this article never came up. All I got was the HTs Daredevil, the preview page for this Daredevil and the contest page for this Daredevil.:huh

THanks for the link.

This figure is surprisingly well done. I've never really cared for any of SSC 1/6 figures, but this one is pretty nice. Not sure it's worth $230 nice, but.

I quite like the look of the figure as well (although I also did like the Punisher and Wolverine figs). I can live with the knee pads, but the lack of ankle articulation due to the boot is a little bit of an issue. Daredevil is a dynamic character, with a dynamic fighting style. Having sold ankles really limits the poseability of this figure...

Including the explanation of design elements was a really smart move on sideshows part. I hope they do that for all future figures they design.

Back