SSC Cyborg Darth Maul PF!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on the wait list... I had all day to get it on the pre-order, but being close to $400 and a character that looks cool, but I have no real attachments to kinda kept me away...

I'll leave it up to fate. If I get one through the wait list, it was meant to be.

I doubt you will have any trouble.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned that this is Hasbro's SDCC Exclusive as well. Coincidence? Methinks not.

I'd probably get the Hasbro figure just so I could put Darth Talon on his back.
They'd make the ultimate Chicken Fightin' duo--unless they were up against "Survivor" & "The Amazing Race's" Rob & Amber.... :lol

So is Boba Fett and we don't see the Holiday Special PF showing up or Vader for that matter and we aren't seeing a Battle Damaged Vader from The Force Unleashed or even the McQuarrie Design (which woudl actually make sense). The headscratcher is that its such a niche design, such an isolated part of Star Wars, a mini-series that was a "What If" to choose from when there is still so much to be done from the actual movie, proper EU, video games, etc. I would be less surprised to get things from "Shadow of the Empire" which even LFL pushed hard then this...its like them making the Jedi Leia or as posted above the all White Jedi Reborn Vader.

Maul is a popular character but doesn't draw the fanboys like Fett or Vader and they aren't being cherry picked from every design possible to print money. Someone over at Sideshow liked this design and thought it'd sell well but from a Star Wars standpoint it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Like I said before, the piece itself looks impressive, the backstage pass does a good job selling it but that doesn't make it any more clear in terms of selection in a PF lineup.

Add to that, just because Maul is popular doesn't mean this design is.

Darth Maul is my favorite character and I've collected a lot of random things in my day just because they're of him, but I can't stand this design, if they'd taken him like the movie and just added cyborg legs, maybe, but I hate the oversized horns, he just looks laughable, it's a cool design ruined in my book, I'd never buy anything based on it, even a $5 Hasbro figure.

Love or hate the subject you have to admit it looks wonderfully crafted.
Not for me, I don't really like much outside of the six movies, but I am sure EU fans will love it

I had all day to order the EX. Didn't know where it fitted in the SW galaxy but thought it was very cool and a very dynamic statue. Kind of grew on me after the sales pitch of the video so now I'm on the WL. With all the hate here I'm sure it will convert if I can keep my order till next year!

Love or hate the subject you have to admit it looks wonderfully crafted.
Not for me, I don't really like much outside of the six movies, but I am sure EU fans will love it

:exactly: :goodpost:

I think this looks really great!

This looks awesome but not for me and a charactor that appeared just once in a comic doesnt justify making a statue of it. Those long horns are :cuckoo:. Why do they skip Deadpool for this? :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Just watched the Backstage Pass. When he was talking about the comic this PF is based on, I had to laugh when they showed Obi-Wan burst up out of the sand. Is that where he was hiding? :lol

atention!!!! The next premium format will be half boba fett and half vader!!! Sideshow we want clonetrooper , stormtrooper , c-3po , r2-d2 , but this maul is joke!!!

Just watched the Backstage Pass. When he was talking about the comic this PF is based on, I had to laugh when they showed Obi-Wan burst up out of the sand. Is that where he was hiding? :lol

YES! Seriously. He had buried himself under the sand on the Lars Homestead, which I suppose is how he was watching after Luke. :lol :cuckoo:

Back