SSC Cyborg Darth Maul PF!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could have seen this perhaps in 1/6th scale but to take a spot in the PF line over some more iconic characters that are glaringly missing is really difficult to understand.

I'm going to guess that before we see a PF R2-D2, we'll see a Gonk droid.

I could have seen this perhaps in 1/6th scale but to take a spot in the PF line over some more iconic characters that are glaringly missing is really difficult to understand.

got that right, I mean I have been waiting with baited breath for Cyborg maul! I've been up night and nights for... all BS. Where's my PF Chewie? PF C-3po? cyborg MAUL? WTF SS? Coupled with how few ESB stuff we've gotten this year, my faith in SS is finally faultering.

Pf Cyborga maul. Ugh

:gah:

Actually, a Power Droid would be cool (just not before R2). A better example would be seeing the pink R2-KT before R2. :thud:

Sold out. :)

Alex, that ant on my screen is driving me nuts. :lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I'm guessing this is going to have an extremely low ES and Sideshow will say it was done specifically for the EU fans and those that pre-ordered will be awarded with a low ES piece. Pretty cool idea from SS, if so.

Still, I feel for those still waiting for a more iconic character pushed back because of this one.

Once again, this isn't technically even EU... it's "Infinities". It's not even EU canon.

So, unless you want to believe R5-D4 was really "Skippy The Jedi Droid" and Jar Jar's dad was named "George R. Binks" and went on a pirate adventure you can't consider Cyborg Maul part of any official SW universe. It's just a one-and-done ad-hoc Infinities story.

Actually for that reason alone I consider Cyborg Maul to be cooler than most EU, since like you said he isn't even really EU at all. More along the lines of all the unused concept Fett and Snowtrooper designs from McQuarrie and Johnston. And 90% of unused SW art = :rock :rock :rock

Still doesn't make this piece any less of a head scratcher of course.

Sideshow's PF is a nice representation of the design, but the original design is an abomination of a cool character.

Is it part of the Star Wars cannon that Maul executes Otto??
You mean Watto? NO. Like I said above, this story isn't even part of the Expanded Universe canon, much less actual movie canon. It was a one-time throw-away story not meant to be tied to anything else in any actual SW timeline.

The only exception in VISIONARIES is the pre-cyborg Grievous backstory, which Lucas actually approved. That's why it's separated from all of the other stories and is by itself in the back of the book.

Yeah its basically a "What If?" story. I think they did another one asking "What if Lando died at the end of ROTJ?" And then we had "What if Maul survived?" According to even EU lore he still died on Naboo.

Yeah its basically a "What If?" story. I think they did another one asking "What if Lando died at the end of ROTJ?" And then we had "What if Maul survived?" According to even EU lore he still died on Naboo.

There's also one where Vader lived at the end of ROTJ (after turning good) and then appeared in white armor:

300px-WhiteVader.jpg

:cuckoo:

Watch this be a PF too at some point. :gah:

I think it's pretty cool except for the exagerrated horns.. but I've felt this way about the design since the Visionaries book was released years ago - so nothing new to me. The story was just a little throwaway deal like Irish said.

I got on the WL for this guy, but still not positive I'll keep it. It's probably the closest thing we'll get to a regular shirtless Maul (which is what I was really hoping for out of the teaser). The Maul mini series where he showed his body tats was really great.

i like it but since i don't live in a castle and space is a premium, i would have to pass.

nice but no space for a PF if its not an iconic one for me.

Actually many of us want OT or even PT character. SS just needs to poll its buyers with some of the poses it wants to put out.

If Luke was in a diff pose, i would not have cancelled.

Back