SSC Cobra Commander Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SS Cobra Commander Photo Thread

I got my exclusive CC yesterday. I think he turned out better than SE overall. Hard to beat a properly modified Snake, but CC is a good straight-out-the-box figure nonetheless. I swore I wouldn't get sucked into this line, but I guess it's 1983 all over again.

What's wrong with this shirt? :lol

CobraCommanderShirtErrorSmall.jpg

WTF? Is that really how far over the velcro is?

I have to admit I'm glad they went with velro, it makes the shirt look a bit more snug. Sometimes the clasps poke out too much. My one nit with the shirt is I wish the emblem were lower. I have a hard time keeping the edge of his mask up high enough so the entire emblem is visible.

That's the new Hasbro Destro head. It's actually a fairly good sculpt.

Indeed. Too bad they missed the boat with the rest of the figure, weapons were okay though I guess.

whats he doing there with destros mask, mando?

It was kind of a Hamlet thing. "Alas, poor Destro. I knew him..."

WTF? Is that really how far over the velcro is?

I have to admit I'm glad they went with velro, it makes the shirt look a bit more snug. Sometimes the clasps poke out too much. My one nit with the shirt is I wish the emblem were lower. I have a hard time keeping the edge of his mask up high enough so the entire emblem is visible.

YUP! It's perfectly aligned with the velcro strap opposite. I've already contacted CS about it. I got an email back from Jaclyn suggesting I try adjusting it to align properly with the velcro (WTF?!). But to be fair, she hadn't seen the pic yet and probably has to deal with morons all day who complain about redundant crap.

The centerpiece is actually stitched too far to the right on the shirt and the tailor, like an idiot, sewed the velcro to match rather than unstitch the centerpiece and properly stitch it. With how tight the shirt is tailored anyway, it's virtually impossible to fake that. :lol

Indeed. Too bad they missed the boat with the rest of the figure, weapons were okay though I guess.

Exactly how I feel, the rest was lame as hell. I was glad they reused the Sigma 6 suitcase for him, but disappointed they took the lazy route and didn't paint in all the details the S6 had.

the fancy part (technical term) of the shirt is a little off center on mine too, but not that much. In general I wish they made that fancy breast part much wider and more trapezoidal than parallel.

I got to home and check on that also. I have a feeling mine is like yours. I was so concern thatthe bottom part couldnt be centered, it didnt occur to me that the whole front might be off centered.

Finally got around to opening mine last night. I love this figure! The coat was nicely made but I took it off immediately to go for the classic look. Original CC only had ammo straps on one leg so I got rid of the submachine gun ammo pouches. Won't be displaying him with that gun anyway.

I couldn't resist the classic card art pose:

ccexplosionfront.jpg

HouseMay2009016.jpg

HouseMay2009012.jpg

Added some "flair" to my Commander. Ditched the shiny boots for some DID leather ones, added shoulderboards (decided to go with silver and will add a silver chain later, I think silver sets off nicely against his belt buckle and dagger), and gave him a cape. The cape came from a Robin rotocast figure, I just added the chain clasp.
CobraCommander019.jpg

CobraCommander024.jpg

CobraCommander025.jpg

CobraCommander013.jpg

"DON'T STEP ON MY CAPE!!"
CobraCommander011.jpg

I'm liking those shoulder boards a lot! And those troopers still kick major ass! :D

Anyone has a MISB one for sale?:monkey3

Shai, Monkey Depot has him instock, but I take it you're looking for the exclu?

Shai, Monkey Depot has him instock, but I take it you're looking for the exclu?

yep, Ex. only.

Ahh damn I'll make a WTB thread.Thanks anyway friend.

Yep, King Darkness' shots are really spectacular. This line is 2 for 2! Bring on the Trooper, SS, Duke, Beach Head, Firefly, and all the rest!

HouseMay2009.jpg

Back