SSC Beachhead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Beach Head Preview

But there has been no price increase to notice on beachhead, unless you are looking at a different preview pic.

Sucker, naw. Money is made to be spent.

unless you don't have any to spend. I don't think I should apologize for not being able to afford the constant price increases. I'm doing as well as I can, I'm actually looking into getting a part time job just so I can afford this hobby. And its not like making $70,000 a year is small potatoes. I seriously don't know how most people afford this hobby without maxing out credit cards or cutting out their savings account contributions.

and I'll admit its 100% speculation (IMO well grounded speculation based on recent trends in their releases) on my part regarding the price increase. I'll gladly give a shout out to SSC if it comes in at $125.

No kids helps :lol

And I expect him to be $125, maybe $130 if he is packed to the hill, but $125 will do it.

Thats a good guess since I completey forgot about that accessory but on the other hand...because I forgot about it and I imagine Im not the only one, I cant help thinking the ex will be something more tempting like, the crossbow itself.

I'd imagine SS would be screwing their retail partners by doing that. Crossbow or FAIL.

i know. I don't have kids either! i have no idea how the people at my work do it where they make less than me and yet have kids..

its not like i go out all the time. i have no car payment. my mortgage is only 1/4 of my after tax salary.

i may not be able to afford all these items but at least I'm not freeloading off the government or stealing from people.

unless you don't have any to spend. I don't think I should apologize for not being able to afford the constant price increases. I'm doing as well as I can, I'm actually looking into getting a part time job just so I can afford this hobby. And its not like making $70,000 a year is small potatoes. I seriously don't know how most people afford this hobby without maxing out credit cards or cutting out their savings account contributions.

and I'll admit its 100% speculation (IMO well grounded speculation based on recent trends in their releases) on my part regarding the price increase. I'll gladly give a shout out to SSC if it comes in at $125.

I dunno, Prog... Sometimes you just need to look at the figures and only buy the ones you really want. I bought around 50 12" figures last year but in 2010 I'm cutting back. Thinking of cutting my Joes down to only Cobra and going back to only ANH Star Wars figs. This will allow me to nab a few of the better HT pieces throughout the year as well as making a few custom/kitbash pieces along the way.... The death of the Indy line helps too.

50! figures in one year? most I ever bought was probably like 20-25 and that was when they were $50 each. :lol i could only dream of dropping $5000 in one year on this hobby.

it took me like 3 years to pay off that size of a loan on a major home improvement. I can't imagine doing that on a hobby.

I'm guessing the EX will be the ammo bag included with the original figure.

beachhead.jpg

Could be. Id think that would be standard though.

50! figures in one year? most I ever bought was probably like 20-25 and that was when they were $50 each. :lol i could only dream of dropping $5000 in one year on this hobby.

it took me like 3 years to pay off that size of a loan on a major home improvement. I can't imagine doing that on a hobby.

Dude, tell me about it.... That's the danger of getting a fat bonus all to yourself...... still, I'll get around 10 figures this year. I had to sit down and make a budget for the year and now I'm sticking to it.... Cancelled Duke, Flint and FF as well as the Black and Orange Sandtroopers. I might get them all at some point but at least I'll be able to dictate when (and who knows, it might save me a couple of bucks).

Yea, that's nuts. I think I got 15 or so over the year. But sold some off as well. I have 95 total figures.

well Evilface you are more accepting of your situation than I am.

Its hard for me to go silently into the night and just say "I can only afford what I can afford". Specially when we've both been collecting long enough to remember when figures were 1/5-1/10 the price they are now. I'm still in the quantity over quality phase and would rather have 20 figures of the quality of 2006 Sideshow than 7 figures of the 2010 Sideshow.

But there has been no price increase to notice on beachhead, unless you are looking at a different preview pic.

Sucker, naw. Money is made to be spent.

My thoughts precisely. Last time I checked, you dont it with you when you die..

Now that BH is out of the way, I wonder whos next, my guess is Zartan at SDCC

Honestly, only buying what you can afford is the best way to approach things.

Yea, that's nuts. I think I got 15 or so over the year. But sold some off as well. I have 95 total figures.

Yeah, I agree.... I just got to the point where I started selling figures that I really didn't want/need. I think it's easy to get caught up with the hype when you read too many threads here on the board. It seems like a figure will come out, like the HT Wolverine for example... Super nice figure, but I hate the X-Men flicks (except the second one) and have never even seen Wolverine: Origins, but if I start looking at pics and reading the thread in the Marvel section too much I'll find myself wanting one, then buying one.... So anyway, fawk that. I'm just sticking with what I really love this year... Star Wars, some GI Joe and a couple HT figs like the T-800 and Reeve Superman (I hope!).

That pic looks sweet.

It's actually kind of funny that we've gone this far already with only ONE Joe figure so far...

Back