Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

does anyone know what material was used on the prototype bat symbol? if not, any other material close to that? thank you.

The final piece never looks like the production piece, and by now people should know and understand that.

Well, I think others have already sufficiently responded to this, but I'll add in my two cents anyway.

There will always be minor differences between the proto and the production piece, that is a given. But, in general, I think they are pretty damn close (at least for the pieces that I personally own). I am not trying to rip on Batman...I love my Batman, but you cannot deny that the pits that we got do not look anything like the pits on the proto pic. It's a pretty obvious mistake.

does anyone know what material was used on the prototype bat symbol? if not, any other material close to that? thank you.

Have you posted your repair method for the pits yet? I have my replacement body coming in on Tuesday...I can always do the glue method again, but I'm open to other ideas. I'd really like to see what you did.

Sometimes they get pretty close. Their Jason Voorhees, Wolverine PF, and Joker PF are some I've had in-hand over the last few years that have looked really damn good, and close to the prototype in-hand.

I would add the Deadpool and Green Lantern PF to that list as well. They both came very close to the proto pics we were shown.

Venom, Doom, Carnage, Spider-Man com, Hulk Maq, Back-in-Black Spidey, Judge Dredd...I have lots that are damn close, in my opinion.

Have you posted your repair method for the pits yet? I have my replacement body coming in on Tuesday...I can always do the glue method again, but I'm open to other ideas. I'd really like to see what you did.

not yet, the method i used looked great but just two days ago it started pealing a little. stay tune as i will try to figure another way.

Venom, Doom, Carnage, Spider-Man com, Hulk Maq, Back-in-Black Spidey, Judge Dredd...I have lots that are damn close, in my opinion.

I agree 100%. However, I just went with the more recent releases because QC has mainly been an issue with peeps nowadays.

So I have had him for almost 2 weeks now, and I can honestly say he is a personal GRAIL for me.... I LOVE him, and I am so glad I pulled the trigger.... Honestly an A,AZIMG combination of sculpt and mixed media.... Totally worth the wait boys.

Ahhhh, c'mon dude. Green Lantern, Joker, Punisher, Deadpool, Malgus, Master Chief, are just a few that I can think of that were near mirror images to their prototypes. SS can and does hit grand slams.

Haha, everyone is still talking about Batman's problems! I think it just comes down to high Vs low standards. I've got really high standards which is why I wait for in-hand pics first, and which is why I quit on Batman when I saw what he looked like.

I know it's old news, but my confidence in the statue dropped by half when I saw the logo change and positioning.

Then when he finally came out, he had the pit problem which made the logo change look even worse. The pits made it seem like it was being stretched too far across his lower chest. There was just too much gray gap between the logo and the cape. It looked cheap.

However, once the pits are fixed correctly, it does make the logo conform better to his chest, causing it to stand out better. I thought he looked great when I initially saw the first few pics, but those pits and the logo really changed my mind. I could've lived with the darker face.

The more photos I viewed, the more I realized that when you look at Batman from the front, he looks very sectional. Especially when you look at his head sculpt, then his cape, then his torso. Every piece around his chest and head area looks stacked like blocks.

Nothing flows like Green Lantern, Punisher, Joker, Deadpool, Malgus, or Master Chief. On the other hand, Batman flows very nicely when viewed from the back, but who the **** wants to view him from the back? That's just my take on him, and my reasons for not going for him. He's my favorite character, no doubt, but my standards were set once I saw the prototype pics for the first time.

I agree. I'm looking forward to a brand new sculpt in blue and grey in future on Bats. You made some excellent points.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

After almost 2 weeks, I finally had a chance to pick my BATMAN up today, Valentine's Day...LOL. I think I am going to wait until tomorrow to open the box because I can hear rattling inside. :(. Hopefully it isn't damaged...

After almost 2 weeks, I finally had a chance to pick my BATMAN up today, Valentine's Day...LOL. I think I am going to wait until tomorrow to open the box because I can hear rattling inside. :(. Hopefully it isn't damaged...

I heard rattling in mine with no breakages, as did some others with no breakages. They put a lot of silica packets in the packaging and it likes to rattle around.

I for one am extremely impressed. First SSC figure or statue I've gotten in awhile that had no issues. This guy has quite a presence. Only one thing is it feels very unsecure on the base. Like if I walk by it will tip over. I've scaned 50+ pages back as some have reported wobbly bases. What have you done to fix it? It just seems like so much weight is on the left side.

Be careful. It might not be damaged. . .it might be something far, far worse!

I for one am extremely impressed. First SSC figure or statue I've gotten in awhile that had no issues. This guy has quite a presence. Only one thing is it feels very unsecure on the base. Like if I walk by it will tip over. I've scaned 50+ pages back as some have reported wobbly bases. What have you done to fix it? It just seems like so much weight is on the left side.

People are putting those small rubber feet on the base, that or just slipping a piece of cardboard or a shim unnder the side he is on.

People are putting those small rubber feet on the base, that or just slipping a piece of cardboard or a shim unnder the side he is on.

Rubber feet? What do hey look like? Mine isn't wobbly at all just feel very unbalanced. If I touch it on the right side it will tip over

they're just little black pads that are on the bottom

So just putting more on one side than the ones that are already on there? Maybe towards the outer edge may help I guess

Back