Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Yeah he is. After I saw the glue method its been bothering me but KingB is right about there being the possibility of additional problems I n the future. But that's my OCD. He is really awe inspiring when you're looking at him. Looks unreal

Sent from Tap Dance on Your ***

Wasn't me it was Spidey but you do never know. I'll take my chances with what I was given.

I have this one ... and you aren't just exaggerating a little you are blowing it completely out of proportion. Pictures do exaggerate things.

Depends on the piece... There are some out there that had awful.. AWFUL pits. But most seem to be fine and it does look better in person. My wife however still thinks it makes his arms look too short.

If it was not an issue then there would not be so many out there doing the pit surgery. :)

But it does not look as bad in person. I have not even felt the need to fix it and I think (but I am not sure) that I was the one wh pointed it out and was one of the biggest complainers. So that is saying something about how it looks in person.

Just cancelled my EX Waitlist. Dunno why...:thud: temporary insanity?! A moment I will regret forever...who knows?

I know you WILL regret that call.... He is AMAZING in person!!!

I think it is probably more easier for someone who is international to cancel an order from Sideshow, because of all the extra money they have to pay to get it delivered/imported to them directly from Sideshow. For us in the US we are saving $420-430 when we cancel, he might be saving $800- $1000 depending on how much custom fees. At those prices Im sure they demand a lot more satisfaction, (and willing to settle less on certain issues or problems).

Wasn't me it was Spidey but you do never know. I'll take my chances with what I was given.

Yep I am leaving him alone as well... lol. I really do hope that I am wrong and there are no long term consequences from the mods because I am guessing that by the time we know it is an issue we would have a lot of statues showing signs as so many mods have been done at basically the same time.

Depends on the piece... There are some out there that had awful.. AWFUL pits. But most seem to be fine and it does look better in person. My wife however still thinks it makes his arms look too short.

If it was not an issue then there would not be so many out there doing the pit surgery. :)

But it does not look as bad in person. I have not even felt the need to fix it and I think (but I am not sure) that I was the one wh pointed it out and was one of the biggest complainers. So that is saying something about how it looks in person.

I am tempted to not post pics of mine because I don't want to listening to the complaining. I now understand why people got annoyed with me when I kept going on and on about the Batman 1:1 bust.

I think it is probably more easier for someone who is international to cancel an order from Sideshow, because of all the extra money they have to pay to get it delivered/imported to them directly from Sideshow. For us in the US we are saving $420-430 when we cancel, he might be saving $800- $1000 depending on how much custom fees. At those prices Im sure they demand a lot more satisfaction, (and willing to settle less on certain issues or problems).

I am not American so I got dinged with some of the import fees and the like. In the end it only cost me say about $40 more to buy this directly from SSC then it would have to buy it from a LCS.

Official Sideshow Batman PF

I'll probably leave my pits alone as well. The lost definition is a gripe but not a deal breaker for me. I don't want to risk over stretching the fabric or staining the suit using the glue or adhesive tape method. I'm not too confident that I can I pull that mod off well without detailed pictures since I'll only get one shot at it. Gotta leave well enough alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSC is not responding to my emails. Any advice my friends?

I'll fix the pits, they're driving me nuts.

Too bad I'm in the Philippines...I really think it could be the way Fedex handled the item. Just praying SSC will answer me...keep sending messages though. Hope they'll understand my part. Batman is a big part of everybody's life...we all grew up knowing the bat. Can't afford to have a damaged Batman...:(

You're right KingB it was Spidey and you're right. I'll also take my chances with what I got

Sent from Tap Dance on Your ***

attachment-2.jpg

Congrats bicoid18! Display looks Great! Though a bit more light on Bats PF (face) would make him look better. :)

The EB & HT 1/4 Batmen look pretty awesome! Have been thinking of getting out of 1/6 for the Nolan trilogy. Cape on BB looks fantastic! (Tony Meis'?)

Batman is my favourite character and though Bale did a remarkable job as Batman (but not as a detective), in my heart and gut, comic Batman will always trump everything.

:exactly:

Did it this morning. My pit fix (sorry for the phone pic, that's all I had):

The AB portrait

Left pit

Pecs

The MC portrait

Top view

Same procedure with FabricTac. Thanks to Roberto and all those that went before me to give me the confidence to do this. I have nothing to contribute other than to give others some comfort that they can do it if they want to.

I should also add much thanks to Crash1207 who graciously transferred this PO to me.

Last edited:

I am tempted to not post pics of mine because I don't want to listening to the complaining. I now understand why people got annoyed with me when I kept going on and on about the Batman 1:1 bust.

I guess I don't mind it. As long as it's not stupid comments like "that sucks... FAIL!!" then I enjoy the different opinions. Even when it becomes a dead horse issue :)

I was just going over my statue and I found it does have a few flaws on one of the heads. I didn't notice it when I first got it.

very slightly chipped ear
12372749425_f7b7f37e9f.jpg

un-even paint/possible chips
12372919173_498a2efa6b.jpg

Do you guys think this is bad enough to request a new head? I'm really happy with the way the rest of the paint job turned out on the face.

I was just going over my statue and I found it does have a few flaws on one of the heads. I didn't notice it when I first got it.

very slightly chipped ear
View attachment 92696

un-even paint/possible chips
View attachment 92697

Do you guys think this is bad enough to request a new head? I'm really happy with the way the rest of the paint job turned out on the face.

I asked for one and mine had a single nick in the ear. They put me on the list, I say go for it.

Too many issues...mines going back....good luck waitlisters.

Back