Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

I don't think it will be as bad but I'm not counting on April either.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

I think it"ll actually come out around April/May, but I wouldn't mind a little delay TBH. Harley is coming out at the same time now.

Besides another delay the only thing I'm concerned about with this PF is the exclusive head arriving without any damage. I don't mind the heat vision effect they went for but the tendrils look very delicate. I hope there is a lot of testing done before they ship him--I'm pretty sure my UPS guy will find a way to bang the box around in exactly the right way to damage the head.

Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

ink said:
Nope you can't. It has to be applied to the order

Darn. I guess I'll see what my chances are for the EX. I have the regular on pre-order at BBTS but I'm applying my $75 credit from my EB 1/4 Batman to it.

I tried applying this discount when I got on the waitlist this morning and it would not let me use the promo code during checkout. I don't think promo codes work on waitlist items.

Yeah, I tried that also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Besides another delay the only thing I'm concerned about with this PF is the exclusive head arriving without any damage. I don't mind the heat vision effect they went for but the tendrils look very delicate. I hope there is a lot of testing done before they ship him--I'm pretty sure my UPS guy will find a way to bang the box around in exactly the right way to damage the head.

heat vision? this a batman pf, u know?

got my shipping/tracking email! horay!

I bought an EX from a local reseller via eBay. I'm starting to wish I hadn't and got on the WL. I hope those that are on it get theirs converted because it is an amazing piece. Good luck!

It a great piece, but the EX Batarang is hardly noticeable?

Anyone wish they saved a couple of bucks and had the regular?

Not a chance. The batarang adds a lot to this piece IMHO. It's a staple weapon in Bats arsenal. I have zero problems seeing it on my PF. I just have the statue facing straight ahead and it's easily visible. I display both head sculpts with the body in the same position. The AB head sculpt looks straight ahead and the MC head sculpt is looking off to his left. Works for me.

Depends on how you plan on displaying him really. Straight forward it really compliments the piece... But if you are going to display it off to the side with the short ears I wouldn't be bummed I didn't have one nor would I pay an arm and a leg for something I can barely see tbh.

Not a chance. The batarang adds a lot to this piece IMHO. It's a staple weapon in Bats arsenal. I have zero problems seeing it on my PF. I just have the statue facing straight ahead and it's easily visible. I display both head sculpts with the body in the same position. The AB head sculpt looks straight ahead and the MC head sculpt is looking off to his left. Works for me.

:goodpost: couldn't agree more. For those sceptics of the EX, you really need to have this statue in hand to understand what role it plays to the overall pose and display. Don't regret getting the EX at all :)

Firstly, make sure that the thread you are using is a lightish grey, similar to that of Batmans uniform. As you can see from my pic, the thread is hardly noticeable unless you literally put your nose upto his pits! :lol You then simply line-up the thread against the left hand shoulder seam and the adjusting is done by how tightly you tie it. With mine, I tightened it until the sagging became less noticeable but allowed for some give otherwise in time it may cause the seam to possibly split. Hope that helps a little :)

Thanks Roberto!

I just noticed the EX was on waitlist again, wonderin when was it relisted?
I thought it sold out really fast.

Aren't they the same price? 400$
OK, maybe the reg is being sold for a bit less in places other than Sideshow but basically they're the same price...

Aren't they the same price? 400$
OK, maybe the reg is being sold for a bit less in places other than Sideshow but basically they're the same price...

Not if you are paying VAT and shipping. In the US it is a no brainer, but in Europe it adds a tremendous amount to the purchase price. SuperJ300, pretty sure you are in the UK...This is an EX that I dont think makes the extra worth it. Unless its a COH, hard to see paying that much more than a Reg locally TBH.

If it arrives damaged Sideshow will send you a replacement head sculpt.

Not if you are paying VAT and shipping. In the US it is a no brainer, but in Europe it adds a tremendous amount to the purchase price. SuperJ300, pretty sure you are in the UK...This is an EX that I dont think makes the extra worth it. Unless its a COH, hard to see paying that much more than a Reg locally TBH.

Why would the VAT and shipping be different if the price, size and weight are just about the same?

I think that the regular is available locally for people in other countries. This would save a lot of money over paying for shipping from SideShow.

:goodpost: couldn't agree more. For those sceptics of the EX, you really need to have this statue in hand to understand what role it plays to the overall pose and display. Don't regret getting the EX at all :)

I can understand if an international collector wanted to save some money and order a Reg. That's fine, there's certainly nothing wrong with that. However, this is the Batman. To say a batarang is a useless EX is silly and sounds like sour grapes. If anyone is a HUGE Batman fan, I can't see how they can pass on the EX. The EX isn't a print but a weapon that the character uses constantly in comics and film. I can promise that practically all of us that have the EX will display him with it. If it was a worthless EX, it would stay in the box. To me, a worthless EX is the human COH on the Colossus Com. It makes no sense and hardly anyone will display it. Those of us that have the Bats EX, we know how awesome the EX is. Passing on the EX to save money is cool, knocking it to justify buying a Reg is not. I can't see anyone who really likes this character not wanting the EX. For me, it's a must have. My Reg hand is in the box and will never be displayed.

So yeah Roberto, just like you, I certainly have no regrets buying the EX. Nor would I if I was an international collector or someone who paid an aftermarket mark up on the PF if I missed out on the EX. It's the freaking Batman, there's no way I don't score the EX someway or another. I'd sell something if money was tight or order a Reg of another character. No chance that I skimp out on the Bat. In my book, the character means too much to me.

Back