Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Can anyone tell me why I don't have my statue yet? Last update I received from SS said it would be here in December. It is now the 18th and I have not heard anything! Anyone else get the Dec. update?

To everyone debating the ES and the like, BATS is a beautiful sculpt but he will not increase in value -- not that this matters -- it is simply impossible at this ES: https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...cwSdV2Af_Ypzf-_K179xq3w&bvm=bv.58187178,d.b2I

Sauron sells for about retail or under to this day. So enjoy the Bats PF for what he is, a beautiful sculpt and not a financial investment. I skipped on Bats but have Supes on PO. I do believe Sideshow has learned to lower the ES on DC items as Bats hasn't sold out for almost two years sadly. Pretty sure Wonder Woman and Catwoman will be around 5000 Es or so. They want these statues to move and if the Es is too high that there is no urgency then people wait a long while to purchase. Regardless, none of this matters all that much and it's a nice sculpt so play nice now :)

MM, the EX can increase in price based upon the demand for it. If someone specifically wants an EX because a reg won't do, and they are willing to pay above retail for it your comment makes no sense. If you talking about the reg which in nearly all of your posts you never reference the EX then you may be right. Batman > Sauron BTW. Cheers!

You might like the dcd 1/4 stuff but most do not, therefore, it isn't really competition.

if you say so. Got any polling data to back your "opinions" up?

My statement was pertaining strictly to 1/4 scale size DC statues and until Darren chirped in I wasn't aware Jerry is not producing them in 1/4 scale. It had nothing to do with other licenses of different sizes. I own several other 1/6 DC pieces and wasn't insinuating that SS was the only company making DC licensed products. As far as 1/4 scale is concerned it is a Monopoly that SS owns. Marvel and DC alike. The thought of another company at SS's caliber making them too would have been great for this hobby and more importantly great for the consumer. I would hardly consider DC Direct competition for SS. Their paint apps fail in comparison and I've never seen a DC direct thread running rampid like any one of the SS threads are right now. Do they even make 1/4 scale anymore?

I'm not hard to follow. I'm actually pretty intelligent. College degree, masters, and a well paid executive position in the real world where it counts. Stop putting words into my mouth. I never said SS had exclusive rights to DC. If you don't believe SS has a monopoly on 1/4 scale DC and Marvel licensed products then your nieve or ignorant. What did I repeat? Your the smart guy that managed to rant for an entire page about a cup that had no relevance to a simple comment made about exclusivity and edition size of an upcoming statue. Same statue that ironically I managed to buy for less then a tank of gas above retail

Your one of the few that feel this way but that's great that you have found a batman statue of that scale your happy with. I'd prefer SS over the DCD easily but were all entitled to our own opinions

My personal favorite post while I was sleeping

I never stated the batarang wasn't important..... So preach on and tell me more...

I always get a good laugh when people feel the need to post their resume online as if that will make their posts more intelligent, or their opinions any more valid. Since your a well educated guy, you probably already know the definition of monopoly, but in the off chance you don't, here you go:

mo·nop·o·ly
[muh-nop-uh-lee]
noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market, or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices. Compare duopoly, oligopoly.
2. an exclusive privilege to carry on a business, traffic, or service, granted by a government.
3. the exclusive possession or control of something.
4. something that is the subject of such control, as a commodity or service.
5. a company or group that has such control.

Since Sideshow neither owns the exclusive privilege to make Batman statues (DC owns that), nor do they have the only 1/4 scale Batman, or exclusive rights to make 1/4 scale Batman statues (again DC has made one and can do so again owning the rights), Sideshow does not have a monopoly. The fact that you don't consider them competition, doesn't mean they are not, nor does it mean Sideshow has a monopoly.

MM, the EX can increase in price based upon the demand for it. If someone specifically wants an EX because a reg won't do, and they are willing to pay above retail for it your comment makes no sense. If you talking about the reg which in nearly all of your posts you never reference the EX then you may be right. Batman > Sauron BTW. Cheers!

:slap I'm still trying to figure out how you got away with that two Batmans comment earlier :thud: :nono :wink1:

:slap I'm still trying to figure out how you got away with that two Batmans comment earlier :thud: :nono :wink1:

No one said **** about it. I thought it was pretty funny. Thats all that matters anyway. I can laugh at myself.:lol

It's hard to predict anything regarding this statue because there are few characters with Batman's popularity. Supply and demand is a guess at this stage when we don't know how many more Batman comic statues will be made by Sideshow.

This statue needs to come out so the arguing can calm down a bit.

I think its hilarious we are talking about resale and we don't even have the damn thing yet. Geez. Can I enjoy it first before you make me sell it below retail? :lol

No one said **** about it. I thought it was pretty funny. Thats all that matters anyway. I can laugh at myself.:lol

Oh I laughed...............

initially but that was followed closely by gagging :lol

I think its hilarious we are talking about resale and we don't even have the damn thing yet. Geez. Can I enjoy it first before you make me sell it below retail? :lol

If you throw in the shipping aswell I'll consider it :lecture

You sir drive a fine bargain:lecture

Why do you have to bring my car into it?!?!? :dunno

Harsh man Harsh! :(

0.jpg

if you say so. Got any polling data to back your "opinions" up?

I always get a good laugh when people feel the need to post their resume online as if that will make their posts more intelligent, or their opinions any more valid. Since your a well educated guy, you probably already know the definition of monopoly, but in the off chance you don't, here you go:

mo·nop·o·ly
[muh-nop-uh-lee]
noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market, or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices. Compare duopoly, oligopoly.
2. an exclusive privilege to carry on a business, traffic, or service, granted by a government.
3. the exclusive possession or control of something.
4. something that is the subject of such control, as a commodity or service.
5. a company or group that has such control.

Since Sideshow neither owns the exclusive privilege to make Batman statues (DC owns that), nor do they have the only 1/4 scale Batman, or exclusive rights to make 1/4 scale Batman statues (again DC has made one and can do so again owning the rights), Sideshow does not have a monopoly. The fact that you don't consider them competition, doesn't mean they are not, nor does it mean Sideshow has a monopoly.

It wasn't my resume. They were more along the lines of bullet points.
I prefer the Macmillan dictionary version. Seems more fitting for this example. Where else can I get Marvel and DC Statues in 1/4 scale? Can you or someone else point me in the right direction? I grow tired of the $50 dollar price increases that seem to be the norm as of late. By the politically correct definition Sideshow may not have a Monopoly but I haven't had any luck finding these statues anywhere else. Isn't is safe to say Sideshow has complete control of this particular market or am I the only one on crazy pills. They increase their prices and we pay it. Even though the merchandise is getting lighter, built cheaper as the quantity has increased but the quality has decreased. There's more QC issues arising then ever... Customer service offers pennies on the dollar to customers when something shows up busted or asks to send it back so they can turn around and just sell it to some other unsuspecting customer. We swallow it because there is no alternative. There are other companies out there that have made 1/4 scale DC products in the past but what about now? How about marvel? Is there another company out there present or past making marvel 1/4 scale statues?

1 a company that has complete control of the product or service it provides because it is the only company that provides it

a.complete control over something by one organization or person
American English synonyms or related words for this sense of monopoly
Power, authority, influence and leadership: oligopoly, soft power, leadership, power, authority, control, domination, might, greatness, monopoly... more

2 something that only one person or group of people has
Categories and types: type, category, kind, sort, variety, classification, grouping, taxonomy, class, cross section... more

complete control over something by one organization or person
Power, authority, influence and leadership: oligopoly, soft power, leadership, power, authority, control, domination, might, greatness, monopoly... more

I always get a good laugh when people feel the need to post their resume online as if that will make their posts more intelligent, or their opinions any more valid. .

I lold too

I am sorry I really don't get the point or find what's so F'ing funny!!

I think having you resume posted here adds a lot to validating ones point.

Take me for example.

I am a man of average intelligence. Graduated High school with a solid 75 average. Was forced to go to college by my parents just to get me out of their house. Somehow got through college (by no fault of my own), I tend to be unemployed, have no luck with woman, like to sit in my undershorts in my basement, and I sort of smell bad.

All of this gives me more then enough time to delve deep into statue collecting and make myself an expert on all things SS and other collectables. I mean what else am I going to do with my life??

What gives CSI and Chin the authority to be called Experts... HA!!!!!! Nothing!!!!

Back