Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

If the batarang was actual visible it would be a great exclusive, unfortunately you can't see the damn thing.

last year only 2 DC releases Joker & Batman Bust & this year Ivy Batman Superman Wonderwomen Green Lantern PF's & Superman Bust

:panic::panic:

All at once! We thought this would be the best thing ever not having to wait but at $300-400 a piece!!!! ?? :gah:

Your not raining on anyone's parade. I know I did not chose to buy this based on what you or anyone else thought. If I based $400 purchases of any kind on what others thought I'd be broke for sure. I personally love everything about this piece and when it comes to Batman I got to have the exclusive. Can't fault you on making a fast buck though but maybe you'll change your mind when you see it in person.

:goodpost: I do not like the price hike but I do like this statue. The extra head looks cool to me, could be better, but I'm just happy that I get 2 heads and a scuplted cape. No matter how bad people say I still prefer some extra parts. I might get an extra one only to sell it to get a gambit, venom, thor, captain america only because im getting very sick of paying triple for a lot of my statues all from back collecting. But people can do whatever they want to. It's your statue. I look at it this way. Investing in these statues suck because the return is so slow and the prices are already 400.00 to 800.00 a statue to start with. Theres the killer 20% ebay and paypal fees, taxes, time, gas, supplies, etc. Just not worth it. Imagine investing all that money in the stock market, open a business, or real estate. There would be no inventory at risk of things like prices would not go up, fire, earth quake, theft, breakage from mishandling etc. The return would be so much better if your waiting years to just earn a few hundred dollars on each statue. I also think that once people see this in person most would want to keep this. He's going to be awsome! Whats the point of me collecting if I'm missing my batman, galactus and superman since these are the main characters of the marvel and DC lines that I remember I used to love in comics. I'm getting this batman and he's never getting sold off my shelf unless it's life or death. If batman goes then I quit collecting statues all together. :) my 2 cents.

last year only 2 DC releases Joker & Batman Bust & this year Ivy Batman Superman Wonderwomen Green Lantern PF's & Superman Bust

:panic::panic:

Please no more SS! This is :panic::panic::panic: I hope we get nothing else in PF form until the halloween event. :slap

i doubt that Deadpool PF & Apocalypse PF soon coming

:horror :gah: :thud::thud::thud: please delay them as long as possible. I'm running out of space and extra money for statues. I mean one a month or so is fine but 5 to 10 in one month is crazy. What are you thinking SS? :thwak

:goodpost: I do not like the price hike but I do like this statue. The extra head looks cool to me, could be better, but I'm just happy that I get 2 heads and a scuplted cape. No matter how bad people say I still prefer some extra parts. I might get an extra one only to sell it to get a gambit, venom, thor, captain america only because im getting very sick of paying triple for a lot of my statues all from back collecting. But people can do whatever they want to. It's your statue. I look at it this way. Investing in these statues suck because the return is so slow and the prices are already 400.00 to 800.00 a statue to start with. Theres the killer 20% ebay and paypal fees, taxes, time, gas, supplies, etc. Just not worth it. Imagine investing all that money in the stock market, open a business, or real estate. There would be no inventory at risk of things like prices would not go up, fire, earth quake, theft, breakage from mishandling etc. The return would be so much better if your waiting years to just earn a few hundred dollars on each statue. I also think that once people see this in person most would want to keep this. He's going to be awsome! Whats the point of me collecting if I'm missing my batman, galactus and superman since these are the main characters of the marvel and DC lines that I remember I used to love in comics. I'm getting this batman and he's never getting sold off my shelf unless it's life or death. If batman goes then I quit collecting statues all together. :) my 2 cents.

do u got Spidy Comi...... i wanted that one..... hope SS will reveal Spidy, Wolverine & main characters which we r looking for

do u got Spidy Comi...... i wanted that one..... hope SS will reveal Spidy, Wolverine & main characters which we r looking for

No missing spidey. I'm hoping SS will release another one so I won't need the other 2. I've spent so much back tracking but I'm still missing all the early marvel grails. I'm going to need to get a few if SS does not make a newer version of them. I hope SS make a McFarlane PF spidey and venom in the future. Hopefully a new updated Thor and capt America from comics.

I hate to say it but the only reason I'd order this is to make money and resell later. Every time I look at it it looks like crap to me. And the ex accessory is a joke. The pose is a joke. Sorry to rain on anyone's parade but I'm going to place my order now too after all day this piece of junk is still up for PO because I'm cool like that. I should be able to make double if not triple down the road. See you there. :)

You won't make double or tripple because they're going to make a ton of these. I bet the Ex EDS is at least 1250 like Joker... Joker is STILL waitlist available on the site so there are better ways to make money for you than this. Regardless, I bought Batman Ex cuz I like it, not to make $$$ but to each their own. :dunno

No missing spidey. I'm hoping SS will release another one so I won't need the other 2. I've spent so much back tracking but I'm still missing all the early marvel grails. I'm going to need to get a few if SS does not make a newer version of them. I hope SS make a McFarlane PF spidey and venom in the future. Hopefully a new updated Thor and capt America from comics.

:goodpost::exactly: I just want Gambit PF from Xmen .....i dont care abt old Wolverine PF & Psylocke PF

Damn I want to order this badly but don't want to open up another door on collecting another scale, even tho I would tell myself just this one.

So $399 is the new $299. That's too much for me. I think I'm done. I passed on Colossus because of the price. Now this, one of my favorite characters... $399 is outrageous.

$399 is crazy. What are they thinking? Really? Where is the justification?

I would pay $399 (and did today) if they made less of these than Joker. I probably wouldn't resell it down the line but knowing it was a smaller limited edition would make it more worthy of the high price because less people would be able to have it. Not being selfish, I just think mass produced makes it less special even tho I like the piece and ordered the Ex today. If they make 4000 of these I just may cancel my order as there will be an over abundance of these on the bay for years to come and I will pick one up then, what, for an extra fifty bucks in a few years for the Reg? No biggie, then I can concentrate on the more limited pieces for now. But knowing Sideshow, they are going to make like a gazillion of these and b/c of my love for DC I just may have to keep the ex. Decisions!

I would pay $399 (and did today) if they made less of these than Joker. I probably wouldn't resell it down the line but knowing it was a smaller limited edition would make it more worthy of the high price because less people would be able to have it. Not being selfish, I just think mass produced makes it less special even tho I like the piece and ordered the Ex today. If they make 4000 of these I just may cancel my order as there will be an over abundance of these on the bay for years to come and I will pick one up then, what, for an extra fifty bucks in a few years for the Reg? No biggie, then I can concentrate on the more limited pieces for now. But knowing Sideshow, they are going to make like a gazillion of these and b/c of my love for DC I just may have to keep the ex. Decisions!

:exactly: exactly...I think SSC shouldn't go overboard with the ES...collectibles are all about the "exclusivity" of having that certain piece, even if its just a regular version of the statue...you guys are right about the Joker PF, that regular version is still around, its not as "grail" like as we are hoping for...its a bummer that the value goes down a tad bit...it doesn't matter if our purpose for buying is keeping it for our own collection or planning to resell it in the future, either way the value of our "investment" goes down if its not so "limited"

1250 for the ex joker PF is a little high for my liking. I hope Batman EX is less and certainly I hope PI is less cause I bought her.
As far as the justification I meant in price. Joker is $350. Ivy is $350. So why is the Bat $400? It doesn't look like a $400 statue to me. SS is robbing us blind people. They think it's no problem since they offer flex pay but those payments will add up quickly figure after figure. So stop hiking the prices!

Back