Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

I just smashed my batman cape. It was a lot easier than I anticipated. I think it might be made out of plastic.

What was wrong with your cape? I want to know what to look for.

I got mine today.
Both my heads had scuff marks on the chin, :slap and the bat symbol on his chest has an indentation that is really annoying.

Ok...pre and post pit surgery pics:

Batman+comparison+shots2.jpg

Batman+comparison+shots3.jpg

Batman+comparison+shots4.jpg

Batman+comparison+shots.jpg

Well done, Bmutha! Looks like it should now.

Thanks! I am very pleased with how it turned out. I am getting a replacement body (there is a hole in the fabric under the cape), so this was my trial run. I think I will do a better job next time!

In case anyone wants to attempt this, here are the tools I used:

gc1625-u.jpg

I bought these for about $7 at Michael's...they also had the fabri-tac glue. I found these tools very useful, as they have all kinds of different points and angles that you can use to get into pretty much any crevice on the shoulders and pits...and they were the cheapest ones in the store!

Mr. Green just got his fixed. Credit to rrjrstatueman and his vid and for the glue method. I use Beacon Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive 2 oz.

attachment.php

Before:
attachment.php

After:
attachment.php

After:
attachment.php

After:
attachment.php

Before:
attachment.php

After:
attachment.php

Mr. Green learned a few things One of em: the right side of his short is shorter than his left side as far as height is concern. the belt covered it up but there is a difference.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

Strange. I got on the list on Tuesday and still no conversion.
Anyway, congrats to you.

Same here got on Tuesday.

Found this on Sideshows Facebook page..

"How do you guys pick names do you get them from people that have the regular version on order?"

"Sideshow Collectibles It's first come, first serve. The top of the wait list gets their Batman first. the sooner you order, the better." *Susan
January 21 at 3:42pm

Mr. Green dripped a lot of glue deep into the arm pit and spread to the top rib and the side of the arm, on the inside. the glue is thick enough and the fabric looks almost moisture resistant enough that the glue didn't bleed out of the fabric and discolored it. the trick is to plan, and do preparation, it out and work quickly on both side at the same time. this glue doesn't dry as fast but since Green applied a lot in a wide area, Green had to work quickly. also, this glue become rubberize as it become more solid and dry, so don't leave any string of glue behind as it will leave an impression behind the fabric.

happy gluing, peep!

No one converted yesterday?

It seems there were many conversions before last weekend and then Monday & Tuesday very few.

I think most statues already shipped. Chances for cancelations and therefore conversions are dropping :(

I have no idea. If they said that they got on afterwards and are now saying they got converted then I guess they did somehow. I can tell you this though, I did not have a Reg on order so having one on order should not have advanced anyone in the list.

Did you check your account to make sure your waitlist request went through?

I check it at list 10 times a day :)

I don't have a reg reservation as well.

I've been following this thread closely since the WL opened and I can't tell if someone that got on the list after me already converted.

I doubt Sideshow would skip over people, that would be really shady if they did. I don't know how many waitlists were able to convert but I do know the waitlist is still open so if you got on Tuesday you still should have a pretty good chance of getting one. You might want to call Sideshow anyways and ask if they can look up for you where you are on it. I know Susan told someone else to do that so I know they can look it up.

I check it at list 10 times a day :)

I don't have a reg reservation as well.

I've been following this thread closely since the WL opened and I can't tell if someone that got on the list after me already converted.

I got on the wait list late after I got home the day it went back up. But I have a feeling you're pretty close to converting. Just hang in there! :lol

I doubt Sideshow would skip over people, that would be really shady if they did. I don't know how many waitlists were able to convert but I do know the waitlist is still open so if you got on Tuesday you still should have a pretty good chance of getting one. You might want to call Sideshow anyways and ask if they can look up for you where you are on it. I know Susan told someone else to do that so I know they can look it up.

I got on the wait list late after I got home the day it went back up. But I have a feeling you're pretty close to converting. Just hang in there! :lol

Thanks for the support, fellas.

I'll call them when they open and try to see what's going on.

Back