Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Man over here I cannot get it cheaper. Quite frankly I don't even know where I can buy SS stuff from locally anymore. Most places have stopped carrying purely because there are not enough buyers. We have a convention once a year and the prices are astronomical. My only outlet is to buy from the states and shipping costs vary so greatly it is hilarious sometimes. So the cost of the reg and the EX is basically the same for me. Of course buying direct from SS is great because if there is a problem they will sort it out with very little hassle.

Each statue I buy from an AD will save me about $100 or more, but in the end there are just some pieces that will be worth the price difference for the EX.

Each statue I buy from an AD will save me about $100 or more, but in the end there are just some pieces that will be worth the price difference for the EX.

I wish! I would be stoked to get $20 off. Everything just seems to go up in price here. I don't quite understand why we have so little competition but thems the breaks. I guess that is why people are moving in droves to internet shopping here.

Hence why most of us jumped on the ex. I'll be honest and say I would not have bought this without it being the exclusive. Two reasons:
1. I can only afford 1-2 statues a year so I am extremely picky and want bang for my $$$$.
2. I have two statues where I missed out on the Ex and I could have jumped on the waitlist. I am quite sure with hindsight they would have converted. I admit it was when I first got into this and I was totally nieve as to how it all works but it still annoys me to this day that I missed them. So now, excuse the term but it is "Ex or fail" for me.

Agreed. There are way too many of the Reg made to be able to get your money back down the line if you need to sell him, that is the only thing that sucks about this piece. Aside from that, he's amazing but in this case it really is ex or fail. :( The people that got the reg will just have to enjoy him for the nice sculpt. I can understand SS wanted to cash in on Bats tho. :)

(For me) the batarang is cool no doubt but most important (for me) is having one of 2000 over having having one of 7500.

Assuming the reg is still in stock when this ships, it will feel more special (for me) having a "sold out" item shipping to me.

that's what EX is all about! (for me):rock

:exactly: I mean it feels more special, I'm sure the reg will sell out but how long will the reg sell out on eBay? With that many of them why order it from SS for full retail? Just buy the reg on eBay with it's loaded. I assure you all it will be cheaper for sure. The regs will saturate the markets for many, many, many years. It just feels much less special to me. No the ex is not that much better with a tiny weapon. Its ok, since its bats main weapon of choice. But hey it feels good if I don't want it I can at least get my money back. That's why to me the low ES is a plus on any statue.

Yep, agreed. I'm subbed to about 8 threads in total lol and they're the only ones I post in. I'd like to get involved in a couple of STAR WARS ones but they add pages like nobody's business! If a new Fett and Vader PF is announced I'll be posting but otherwise nah.

Dude the SW threads have nothing on Batman!
To me right now the worst offenders of page/day are Batman and the Hulk threads.

If I could get the reg for $100 less than retail you can bet your sweet *** I would have gone for the reg instead of the EX.
Sadly I've yet to find such a place around here.

:exactly: I mean it feels more special, I'm sure the reg will sell out but how long will the reg sell out on eBay? With that many of them why order it from SS for full retail? Just buy the reg on eBay with it's loaded. I assure you all it will be cheaper for sure. The regs will saturate the markets for many, many, many years. It just feels much less special to me. No the ex is not that much better with a tiny weapon. Its ok, since its bats main weapon of choice. But hey it feels good if I don't want it I can at least get my money back. That's why to me the low ES is a plus on any statue.

:exactly::goodpost: I couldn't agree with you more. He'll be uber-cheap on ebay shortly because the market will be oversaturated with Batman PFs. Shame that will happen because he is a beautiful piece but 9500 ES is seriously overkill. :peace

Dude the SW threads have nothing on Batman!
To me right now the worst offenders of page/day are Batman and the Hulk threads.

If I could get the reg for $100 less than retail you can bet your sweet *** I would have gone for the reg instead of the EX.
Sadly I've yet to find such a place around here.

It would be $10 less then retail.... The $100 savings comes from being able to pick it up locally and save on tax, brokerage fees, tariffs, and shipping. I decided the difference was worth it when I considered that Batman is one of my top three characters of all time.

It would be $10 less then retail.... The $100 savings comes from being able to pick it up locally and save on tax, brokerage fees, tariffs, and shipping. I decided the difference was worth it when I considered that Batman is one of my top three characters of all time.

Ah gotcha. For me getting at my LCS is full retail and since I live in TX I don't pay taxes and shipping is usually fairly low, usually around $20. So I wouldn't save all that much.
Recently Arthas was about $35 but everyone's shipping seems inflated on him. He must be a heavy beast!

Yeah the reg will prob be down to about $30 on ebay after 3 months. I'll pick one up then for sure....

Agreed. There are way too many of the Reg made to be able to get your money back down the line if you need to sell him, that is the only thing that sucks about this piece. Aside from that, he's amazing but in this case it really is ex or fail. :( The people that got the reg will just have to enjoy him for the nice sculpt. I can understand SS wanted to cash in on Bats tho. :)

Please go to the stock market if you just want to invest. Having a lot of something should never be considered a flaw in statues unless people really just care about the monetary values of things. Seriously :slap

Is anyone buying to create a custom piece?? If you are please share, I'd love to know what you're going to do.

Bananna hammock Bats oh yeah!

2012-01-25_173221_batman-museum-statue.jpg

Nice work King!! Not for me!!......but you really made that banana work!:monkey1

I reckon you should call it "Belt Ridin High Batman"

Last edited:

I wish I hadn't put it up now lol. You can't look anywhere else. Jeezzz, someone needs to have quiet word to Alfred about this.

Please go to the stock market if you just want to invest. Having a lot of something should never be considered a flaw in statues unless people really just care about the monetary values of things. Seriously :slap

Urrrrrrghs, it's not about monetary value. It's about how "special" the piece is to me. You know why people want a Patient Zero PF? 'Cause he's hard to find. Anyway, it's not the money but lol I don't want to have to sell this guy for $150 one day on ebay if I lose my job lol. I love the sculpt but I just don't like that SS made so many of Batman's PF because it cheapens the piece TO ME. Beautiful sculpt but it is overkill at 9500 'cause they will be kicking around for years on ebay. That's all, I was just agreeing with comicbookguy saying the same thing. Please carry on with your own conversation if you don't like what I write on this public thread thank you. As I said, I love this sculpt, just venting. Some of us are allowed to share a difference of opinion about ES :rotfl :peace

Last edited:
Back