Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Where has this new photo come from?

Oh, I just googled "female car".

:p

J/K, it came from the same SSC DC preview video, but it just seems to be reversed.

dcsscpfbatmansscwip4.jpg

I suspect it is because part of the agreement with DC contained a certain date that Sideshow had to wait until before they could actually release any DC related product into the marketplace, hence a couple of pre-orders to launch the license publically and whet the appetite, but those pre-orders had very long windows until release, and not much else up for order since.

I also suspect that once SDCC hits the Sideshow/DC floodgates will open pretty wide, and once Sideshow starts actually putting DC product into the marketplace we're going to see a damn lot of it...

Shhhh not so loud, my bank account is terrified.

I'm smoking the stuff that says if you remove the cowls of these two sculpts you ain't gonna find a human head grimacing back at you.

I'm smoking the stuff that says if you remove the cowls of these two sculpts you ain't gonna find a human head grimacing back at you.

Without the cowl the eyes would look really far apart, for one.

I don't see such extremes going on with the sculpt. I mean yeah, the chin pretty monstrous but that really is the one thing they can show to create a masculine super hero that being skin here. Even in the pictures it's still very difficult to see the eyes so to me it's hard to really judge.

Maybe that is built into his suit. Maybe they aren't the underlying features on the guy. All batman mask/ cowls I've ever seen seem exaggerated. Maybe this one is similar.

You can see where the cowl cuts back that his actual cheek bones are poking out with them. But before this gets outta control I want to reiterate that I didn't say these were bad sculpts. I'm only commenting on the artistic license Sideshow has taken now with both of their Batman pieces.

You can see where the cowl cuts back that his actual cheek bones are poking out with them. But before this gets outta control I want to reiterate that I didn't say these were bad sculpts. I'm only commenting on the artistic license Sideshow has taken now with both of their Batman pieces.

I would agree that they are quite different than the norm but I think that's what makes me enjoy looking at them even more. He seems to evoke an over the top presence that I really find awe inspiring. I love that hard chisled warzone look. I personally think its a win. Can't wait to have him guarding my house. :yess:

Last edited:

Yep. Both are very 'comic-booky'.

Back