SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all the negativity I wasn't expect much. After his arrival and fitting him into his glass cage I think he turned out really well.

For those that have repainted the eyes wich is the best color to repaint, a gloss or flat white ? After seeing some of the pics I might give it a try on one of the extra heads when my figure arrives today.

The short eared one was a alot more difficult to mod. It actually has glue at the inside of the plug. I kinda beat up the neck plug trying to pull it out. I didn't have any white paint at work, so I wrapped the eye balls in plummer's tape (about 3 layers). I got the same result as the white paint. Im not even going bother with the EX head.

AU1xkF.jpg
Looks like they applied the paint after the eyes were inserted into the head. How odd, considering its construction.

I got my batman in and was surprised he is indigo blue. Which is a blue violet. The cape is interesting because seams are French seamed and then top stitched down but not correctly on far left side. Because the final seam should be pointed towards back. It's heavy because it uses about a yard of fabric. Which looks like shiny miliskin. It's to thin for moleskin and not fluid enough for satin spandex. My indigo pleather will work to make his undies and cape. It actually matches his boots,head and gauntlets. I'm making a semi traditional belt and suit. I might use suit to make a black batman. Latter someday.

Off Topic, what is Astro13Zombie? I know two other people that have that username or id tag elsewhere...
Well,those are probably both me if the 13 is included.:wink1:

Astro Zombies is a crappy '60s horror movie, and a good Misfits song.
This:lecture

The latter is where I got my name.
My favorite song by my favorite band.

Last edited:
This has to be the most stable 1:6 scale figure I own. The foot/ankle construction really make this guy easy to stand pose. I just had him delivered to my work, and he's standing right here on my desk looking all awesome and imposing.

I agree he doesn't really need a stand. The weight of cape must keep him perfectly balanced.

Back