SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a good idea painting the eyes a bit bigger. I might try it with mine. Maybe add a little gray to some white so that's it's not so bright.

Thanks. It does look better.

You can remove the part the neck joint plugs in. It takes very little work, it can be done. Im going to do the same to the short ear one and the bd head. Ill try to take pics of the pieces removed later on today after I get out of work (maybe during my dinner break).

Ah so i can remove the interior making it easier to paint?

I have an idea how I want to make the eyes white, does anyone know how exactly he removed the eye piece. I see that it's glued but he said it's easy to remove :dunno

It is glued, but only at the top edge, not all the way through. Well at least on mine it was. I wiggled it with a bit, then I was able to push it slightly in, breaking the glue "seal". I then just grabbed it with my trusty needle nose pliers and pulled it out. I'm going to do the other heads later on. Ill see if they are as easy to do as this one was.

SS Batman is a pretty nice figure.

Right off the Bat... the cape is the best 1/6 scale cape. It drapes nice and looks great. It's a nylon material. This in black would look sweet on 89 Bats. His bulk looks goo and the long ear sculpt rocks. The new body is nice. Wish there was more elbow articulation.

On nitpick right now is the belt is too puffy. I like the real cloth belts, but they are a bit thick. Making his waist look tiny.

Is he $200 dollars kewl? I would've liked $150-75. But I don't feel ripped off. He is a nice figure.

batman_ss_01.jpg

I saw the Tony Meis belt mod on Facebook where it looks like he put a small pin through each pocket, and then cut the pin on the back of the belt and folded it over to pull the pocket in tighter. The end result was the head of the pin looked like a button on the pocket & it flattened each pocket to make it look better. Pretty cool actually.

10420305_10154627599675035_4638593222907128264_n.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I was wrong, the figure looks fantastic when posed properly by their owners, I keep forgetting the people in charge of posing in promos and cons are terrible at their job :lol

I feel better about Superman now, I know it will look great when I pose him.

Nice... Very Jim Lee don't you think
Yeah man, it's like a great combo of Lee's version & DKR Miller with the short ears. This is one great looking comic book Batman with great shelf presence.
After seeing this the fabric looks like satin spandex, I wonder if my indigo pleather could replace this cape so it's matte.
The cape is one of the best I have seen in 1/6 and I think you would be happy with it, even though it has a shine to it.
Digging all those wonderful photos, DA! Especially those with short ears, cape half-draped in front as well as the long ears in B&W! I can't wait for this figure!
Thanks buddy and your gonna love this thing in hand. It's way better looking when it's in front of you and the cape is a lot of fun posing. You will see soon :lol
Really digging this shots. Figure looks well done.

Really digging these B&W shots, figure looks fantastic, congrats:clap:clap:clap

Thank you fine gentlemen :hi5:

tumblr_n524a6Ut9M1qduh7lo1_r1_500.gif

Are these the only 4 SSC Batman figures released thus far? I could've sworn I saw some in Low Quantity when their old newsletters used to list those things. Just wanna make sure there weren't more that are sold out. I'm really tempted to get this line....
Just don't know if I can afford it with all my other pending orders... :thud:

batman_ss_01.jpg

It is glued, but only at the top edge, not all the way through. Well at least on mine it was. I wiggled it with a bit, then I was able to push it slightly in, breaking the glue "seal". I then just grabbed it with my trusty needle nose pliers and pulled it out. I'm going to do the other heads later on. Ill see if they are as easy to do as this one was.

Thanks for the tip, worked..
Here's my crack at it

Maybe I went to dark, but it's eerie how menacing he looks now, even more crazy than before

Under a light

But when I have him posed with the eye mod..He blows my mind away :horror

Last edited:

How hard was it to get the inside of the head out to get to the eyes?

Can somebody show how did you take of the eyes from the head with photos? It would be appreciated:)

I can't speak for how everybody does it, but thanks to ThousandsMasks tips this is what I did

Of course when detached this is what you have

After using heat like a dryer I pried the neck post apart with pliers and some strength, The neck post is just glued to the back, front is exposed

This is what you see minus the neck post. The eye is that grooved piece that pops right off

Eye piece after I modded the color a bit, The top is that raised piece so you snap the eyes into the sockets with that piece sticking up.

it doesn't matter if your paint scheme is messy because it will be hidden,

FYI it's a darker grey color piece which had two white marks marking the pupils. I of course modded the area a little. The pupils snap into place through the eye sockets with no problems the neck post of course goes back into place like a cover.

It's your choice if you want to glue the back neck post. I won't for the time being, because I want to see how this look works out, I can always strip my paint job.

just reattach everything and this is the result Don't worry if you don't reglue the neck post, everything holds together nice and tight.

Ready to pose again

Last edited:
Back