SSC Arashikage Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC Arishikage Environment

I think the semi-generic nature of a lot of these environments is what is selling them. Many are using the Snake Temple for Indy. I can see lots of people using this for other ninajs or even Brue Lee as you mentioned. They are just Joe-enough to be branded, but generic enough to work with multiple lines. I realize many people don't like that, but if it sells more products than 100% Joe environments would, then I really cna't blame SS for that.

The problem that I have with that, is they are tacking on the license fee to a generic environment.

If I was only getting 3 environments, the Dusty one would not be one of them. I have a feeling that there will be a much better one coming along. The Dusty one is too similar to the Recon one, IMO.

I don't disagree, but I kind of like that they're the first three.

Plus I'll have somewhere to put the Desert Sniper - not sure he fits anywhere else. The ninjas can always hang around Storm Shadow in the display, so I don't feel the same way about the arch, I guess.

Plus you get Sandstorm.

I think the semi-generic nature of a lot of these environments is what is selling them. Many are using the Snake Temple for Indy. I can see lots of people using this for other ninajs or even Brue Lee as you mentioned. They are just Joe-enough to be branded, but generic enough to work with multiple lines. I realize many people don't like that, but if it sells more products than 100% Joe environments would, then I really cna't blame SS for that.

So why not just break that pattern, take the next evolutionary step and remove the brands that make it a Joe product? That way you can market it to a broader audience at a lower price. :huh

The problem that I have with that, is they are tacking on the license fee to a generic environment.

:lecture:lecture:lecture I think that's the problem most of us have. :lol

i would actually like to get all of these. it's the lack of display space that holds me back. the price doesn't bother me, cuz i'm rich.

i would actually like to get all of these. it's the lack of display space that holds me back. the price doesn't bother me, cuz i'm rich.

Ya, they are cool but just to damn expensive, cuz im poor

lol, if you're so rich, why don't you have bigger rooms to display stuff in? ;)

As for me, I want people focusing on my GI Joe HQ and Terrordrome, not some crappy arch.

lol, if you're so rich, why don't you have bigger rooms to display stuff in? ;)

As for me, I want people focusing on my GI Joe HQ and Terrordrome, not some crappy arch.
actually i'm in the process of adding a fourth story to my house here. i just gotta wait for the paperwork to clear from my guy at the bank. see, when you're rich, you get your own guy at the bank.

oh...and i drink Dos Equis.

Comparing it to what?

Compare the $90 for the tiny and simple SSC Originals environments to the size (and complexity) of the Joe environments and it gets hard for me to assume the license price is a significant reason for the price difference.

Compare the $90 for the tiny and simple SSC Originals environments to the size (and complexity) of the Joe environments and it gets hard for me to assume the license price is a significant reason for the price difference.

If the Arashikage Temple didnt have the GI Joe name, if was called "Ninja Temple", do you think they would sell it for 250.00? Even at that size, I dont think so.

Is the ninja arch really all that complex, though? I don't know...

A bit of a necro bump I suppose, but I decided to pull the trigger on this one. I will definitely be getting some of the Ninjas I missed on the secondary market and they will look great with it. Can't wait until next September! Flex paying :( Oh, well. Can't afford everything right out the gate! :lol

Back