SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ok, I've finally managed to use what I thought would be a useless gift card to get the Emperor and his throne and was searching this thread for display ideads and was wondering...is it possible to fit these three guys and the throne in a detolf without them looking too cluttered in there?

SDC11712.jpg

not the best pic- but i would say no

ok, I've finally managed to use what I thought would be a useless gift card to get the Emperor and his throne and was searching this thread for display ideads and was wondering...is it possible to fit these three guys and the throne in a detolf without them looking too cluttered in there?

Where'd you get this guy with a previously-thought-useless gift card?

Where'd you get this guy with a previously-thought-useless gift card?

I got the gift card from a board member here who got it from the Lord of the Rings blu-ray. I've had it for so long, but nothing I was remotely interested in would be GC eligible and this was probably the closest thing, so might as well, right?:dunno:lol

I just meant that it seemed like you had a gift card for some weird place that you wouldn't expect to find such a figure. Like if I had a Bed Bath and Beyond gift card, and I'm thinking, "what the hell am I going to do with this . . . oh, look, they have SSC Palpatine here! Who da thunk it?" Most places that carry SSC Palpatine, are the types of vendors where a collector like yourself would be happy to receive a gift card from. Rather than wondering what you could possibly use it for, I would have thought that you'd immediately find a use for gift card from a vendor that sells SSC stuff.

I'm loving everyone's pics! Here's my shrine, er, set-up.

P2040034.jpg

And another nice close-up of the repaint. I'm LOVING this guy! This figure was my grail, and I cannot get enough of him!

P2040023.jpg

Last edited:
Great paint and setup Mikey, I immediately think "Oh I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive."

I personally can't conceive of any better a representation of ROTJ Palpatine in this scale, the figure, the throne, the sculpts, the costuming, it all works so wonderfully. I really love Tim's sculpt work, he nailed it.

I'm really glad I got this now. I wasn't sure at first because of the mediocre reviews I see on Michael Crawfords site but I managed to pick up both figure & throne for £100 delivered & what a bargain that turned out to be. Just waiting for SS to do Boba Fett now & I can complete the essential SW villains I want.

I think it comes from the price, I think people think it was well made but for what little he includes, that he should cost less as well as the throne. If he'd been priced in a range more satisfactory to the majority, I think there'd be a big raving about this guy, but at his retail price, I think people don't see him worth what he costs.

This is definitely one of my most favorite figures from last year and there were a lot of good ones.

Back