SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So pants would have justified the cost for you Sergiu?

Another question: If had pants, would you be able to see them?

No it's not just the pants but the fact that Ss went cheap on this and pants are just anbother missing accesory. Look at HT, I have the Appleseed figures, they added tons of cool accessories and for example the wrist watch I never use them but it's cool they thought of those too. As for the cost I paid enough for this adding the VST shipping and customs and I'm not sure if too many US customers would have bought it with these extra costs

No it's not just the pants but the fact that Ss went cheap on this and pants are just anbother missing accesory. Look at HT, I have the Appleseed figures, they added tons of cool accessories and for example the wrist watch I never use them but it's cool they thought of those too. As for the cost I paid enough for this adding the VST shipping and customs and I'm not sure if too many US customers would have bought it with these extra costs

That seems to be the factor of separation between you and most of us. I agree that if I lived outside of the US I probably wouldn't have gotten this.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the figure but some people have really good points. The only things that bother me about it are:

1. Pants aren't a deal-breaker for me, but there were pants on the Bib Fortuna figure (who also came with a lot of accessories) and they were tailored well, not bulky and the figure was cheaper.

2. I don't understand why the outer robe is so bell shaped, I always thought it hung closer to the body rather than belling out from above the waist?

3. The damn short cane.

4. The waist tie on the inner robe looks so bad and really ruins the illusion of the rest of the figure. I believe they could have fashioned it to look a a realistic knot.

Still a very cool figure, and I love the likeness, especially the exclusive head!

Just got my custom charges in from Fedex. £23. They actually calculated it right this time.

This totals him at £100.

As to the belt, I think a faux knot with a snap closure would have served better. As it is, it is a simple matter to run a wire through it to get it to lay correctly.

I also ran a wire through the hem of the robe so I can keep it from looking too bell-shaped, and with a little futzing, can make it sit any way I like!

If anyone in the U.S. wants an exclusive one I'm about to post one in the for sale section.

The site where I pre-orderd Empy hoped to get him in stock today... But when I checked a few minutes ago they said they will have him in stock at 5 October :monkey2

Aaargh I can't wait that long!!!!:gah:

So pants would have justified the cost for you Sergiu?

Another question: If had pants, would you be able to see them?

If you had said you weren't wearing any underwear it would make us feel uncomfortable. Just knowing Palpy isn't wearing any pants makes us even more uncomfortable.

If you had said you weren't wearing any underwear it would make us feel uncomfortable. Just knowing Palpy isn't wearing any pants makes us even more uncomfortable.

Yeah me to... And don't say he isn't wearing a pants/underwear because he is The Emperor... Because that would mean Napoleon maybe Napoleon wasn't wearing underwear to... :thud:
225px-Napoleon_in_His_Study.jpg

Yeah me to... And don't say he isn't wearing a pants/underwear because he is The Emperor... Because that would mean Napoleon maybe Napoleon wasn't wearing underwear to... :thud:
225px-Napoleon_in_His_Study.jpg

Napoleon was short and had monkey arms. Maybe a swap to a truetype would have helped him get some love.

Just unwrapped my emp, its a really nice figure, but he wouldnt be much without his throne! It was a fuzz to get his robe to look nice while sitting down!

I can really recommend Secret compass, fast shipping and great communication.

I'm new at this body-swapping business. What model of TrueType would best serve our friend Palpatine here? The slim body appears to no longer be sold.

Back