SS ROTS Yoda Jedi Master Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case anyone was interested in a comparison between the Medicom Yoda and the New Sideshow Yoda

First I want to say that I was under the impression that with the 2 head sculpts the SSC Exc comes with, you would be able to fit him into a Ep 5 or Ep 1-3 environment. Boy was I wrong.

My thoughts - The Medicom Yoda is still superior to the Episode 5 look by a long shot! The color is more washed out and "old" looking, his posture is more fragile looking with low shoulders and long scraggly limbs all the way down to his long frail looking fingers. His hair is more movie accurate to Episode 5 as well.

Sideshow Yoda is awesome for action poses! The articulation is great but the wrist and ankle pegs are kind of stiff and feel like they will snap at any moment! Im not too crazy about the paint quality. There is no gloss to his eyes and not enough shades of green to define the texture of his skin and the details of his head. The material on the SSC one is much better. A much softer under robe and a more worn out outer robe with wiring all over the place on this guy to make his outfit fly or sit any way you want it! The accessories on the SSC speak for itself.

Final Impression - SSC Yoda is way more fun with all of the options, but Medicom Yoda just has that classic memorable look that brings me back to my childhood and is more displayable for a Star Wars Collection. Both are great pieces though! Cant go wrong with either, but the SSC version does not "put to shame" the Medicom version like I though it would.

Just got the SS version, but after looking at your pic, will be sending mine back and getting the medi.
I am not much of an action-shot poser, and usually just display the figures in one static pose, so no use for all the different hands, feet, chairs... Something always looked off with the SS version to me, however the medi Yoda, his color, and the colors of his outfit, are the ones I am more familiar with - He looks like he just stepped of the OT screen.
Medicom ftw.

The medicom yoda does look pretty damn good. It does look a bit more on the "about to cough and die" side of Yodas, but I like it.

I also like my SS yoda, even tho I'm not a huge fan of the prequels. It strikes a balance for me between the two series' Yodas because of the cloak and two faces even if it's more CGI than pure F. Oz.

Got mine last week, I'm really happy with it. Some of the wrist pegs are really stiff but with a bit of heat I'm sure they'll ease up.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned in the thread but I'd be really happy if Sideshow were doing like a "Jedi Master" series and redoing all the previous releases, Mace Windu etc. With the addition of a chair with each figure.

Cool idea for SSC to milk the series lol. I dont think they look at this new SSC Yoda as a "remake" since it is the Episode 2 Yoda, where their last Yoda was actually considered the Episode 5 Yoda. Kind of like how they milked Obi Wan, they were not considered re-makes since they were from "different" movies. I just want the new SSC Grievous!!! NOW!! Here is me current repaint Hasbro Grievous to hold me over until then :) Painted by me! :wave

Yeah, I can understand making a new figure from each movie if the look changed like it did with Obi-Wan.

I might try to get one of the calm Yoda heads on Toy Anxiety if they decide to part him out.

I'm keeping my hope's up we keep the starwars release's rollin with Darth Malgus next month. It's nice to get back to the star wars line after a yr of other release's. Superstoked for new Vader ,boba ,Greavous , Han ,luke, TaunTaun and hopefully a landspeeder sometime in 2014 .

I got mine today, found it in the box like this...
Anyone else had the same?

l4ep.jpg

That's a nasty fkn break man.sheeeet!
I just ordered so where the F is the quality control at in China?
Damn.poor master yoda.
Hope you get a replacement soon Dale.

Back