SS ROTS Yoda Jedi Master Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A pic of my little green friends.
e4abyma4.jpg

I really want this figure but I'm actually starting to worry about QC now.. It seems to have an above average amount of issues :/

Haha I think the same thing. He does look like him. Maybe Yoda and Mace have spent so many years together, they are an old odd couple and starting to look alike!

I ordered a SS Yoda Jedi Master figure last week, directly from Sideshow, and it arrived today. The only problem is, instead of a Yoda, they shipped me an exclusive Joker. :dunno

Anybody else ever encounter this sort of thing from Sideshow before? I already contacted them informing them of the mistake. They told me to wait for their returns department to respond.

SSC_Wrong.jpg

i would give you my yoda for that joker and some money lol

Got a call from SSC today. They are sending my angry face. Hopefully I'll get it soon so Yoda can be pissed instead of me :)

Got a call from SSC today. They are sending my angry face. Hopefully I'll get it soon so Yoda can be pissed instead of me :)

Lmao.
Good to hear
Here's my yoda display
u6aryqa4.jpg

I am very happy with this figure. Lots of display options makes it worth the 100 bucks.
One issue though...
My robe had a tear in the hood that they are replacing.

Mine arrives Monday , looking forward to getting but worried about QC issues. Have heard about getting two of the same head , incorrect hands, cracked bodies and now a torn robe. I'm only getting one and keeping MIB but it sounds like I should open it just to make sure there is nothing missing , broken or torn and then put it back in the box.

Luckily with SS this is an easy thing to do with noone the wiser.

In case anyone was interested in a comparison between the Medicom Yoda and the New Sideshow Yoda

First I want to say that I was under the impression that with the 2 head sculpts the SSC Exc comes with, you would be able to fit him into a Ep 5 or Ep 1-3 environment. Boy was I wrong.

My thoughts - The Medicom Yoda is still superior to the Episode 5 look by a long shot! The color is more washed out and "old" looking, his posture is more fragile looking with low shoulders and long scraggly limbs all the way down to his long frail looking fingers. His hair is more movie accurate to Episode 5 as well.

Sideshow Yoda is awesome for action poses! The articulation is great but the wrist and ankle pegs are kind of stiff and feel like they will snap at any moment! Im not too crazy about the paint quality. There is no gloss to his eyes and not enough shades of green to define the texture of his skin and the details of his head. The material on the SSC one is much better. A much softer under robe and a more worn out outer robe with wiring all over the place on this guy to make his outfit fly or sit any way you want it! The accessories on the SSC speak for itself.

Final Impression - SSC Yoda is way more fun with all of the options, but Medicom Yoda just has that classic memorable look that brings me back to my childhood and is more displayable for a Star Wars Collection. Both are great pieces though! Cant go wrong with either, but the SSC version does not "put to shame" the Medicom version like I though it would.

Back