SS ROTS Yoda Jedi Master Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like my replacement body had shipped... supposedly I need to smash up the original one more than it already is. Seems like a lot of fuss over a broken piece :lol

Yes we can !
Yoda: "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."

I picked him up at a local retailer in LA area and I have to say I am really happy with him in hand. I even like the "dopier" expression better in the flesh so to speak.

I do have a couple of quibbles though. My council chair has the red cushion part put in at an angle so Yoda just wants to slide off, it would have been nice if they could have put that in straight, I also got one duplicate left hand so I am missing the claw like three appendages forward force push hand for the left side and on top of that one of my sitting feet's ankle peg will not budge (it looks to have flashing in the joint seem itself, hot water/air did not work).

I emailed sideshow but got a very cursory dismissal saying to contact my retailer to see how they deal with returns. I don't want to return it! I just want some replacement parts for the ones that are defective/incorrect but they have ignored my further emails and pictures. Does not really support local retailer business if this is their attitude. ( but then I guess they don't really support local retailers all that much with the exclusive releases, etc).

I do love him, I don't want to give him up and I am not even sure if the store I bought him from will take him back.

I picked him up at a local retailer in LA area and I have to say I am really happy with him in hand. I even like the "dopier" expression better in the flesh so to speak.

I do have a couple of quibbles though. My council chair has the red cushion part put in at an angle so Yoda just wants to slide off, it would have been nice if they could have put that in straight, I also got one duplicate left hand so I am missing the claw like three appendages forward force push hand for the left side and on top of that one of my sitting feet's ankle peg will not budge (it looks to have flashing in the joint seem itself, hot water/air did not work).

I emailed sideshow but got a very cursory dismissal saying to contact my retailer to see how they deal with returns. I don't want to return it! I just want some replacement parts for the ones that are defective/incorrect but they have ignored my further emails and pictures. Does not really support local retailer business if this is their attitude. ( but then I guess they don't really support local retailers all that much with the exclusive releases, etc).

I do love him, I don't want to give him up and I am not even sure if the store I bought him from will take him back.

Yeah. You may get a better price, by a few dollars, but in the long run you are better protected buying direct from Sideshow. They will only handle returns/exchanges for their customers that buy direct. Even if it's just a part you want to swap.

I've never had a problem exchanging whole figures or just parts from them.

So I got my replacement body in and it really makes a difference... much happier with the figure. Not only is the new body not broken, but the joints seemed much sturdier.

I did experiment with the old body (as I have to destroy it) and even afer cutting out a notch of the collarbone area the neck articulation was not improved. I think you'd have to alter the neck a bit as the ball joint sits too far in it to allow it to tilt.

Aside from the paint work being a bit sloppy and the limited neck range I'm feeling much better about this one.

Back