SS Grievous - SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Re:re

I'm not going to cancel mine. Even though the grievous that showed up in the movie was a complete puss. I know the character from the Clone Wars volumes and they explain there why he turned into such a sickly coward in the film. It is a shame, because he was very bad ass in the cartoon and had some nice moments in the movie.

But really, boba fett was even more of a craptastic character when you consider screen time and the way he died. He did less than even grievous did, but everyone loves him (including me)

re

I was just thinking that his MagnaGuards engaged in more duels than he did. :eek

I'm keeping the exclusive version from SS. Glad I didn't get the regular version though. The DVD might have more of this character, so I wouldn't write him off just yet. GG is highly associated with ROTS, so it might ride the movie's coat-tails in getting broad exposure. A weak villan is still a villan.

re

the statue is so bad ass its not even funny but yeah i expected alot more after the cartoon and all the hype. Its too bad george has to have all these disposeable bad guys. How cool would that have been if maul was in 1,2, and got killed in 3 just to be replaced by the one of the baddest villians ever my main man Mr Vader??? :jaw :google :drool

I haven't seen the flick yet, but, from what I am reading from you guys is that it sounds like I am going to be disappointed bigtime in General Grievous.

If I am not impressed with the charatcer, I will have no problem canceling my order.

What I think is interesting is that in contrast to the jedi system where there are multiple mentors and padawans, there is only one sith lord and sith apprentice at a time.

When Maul was killed Dooku took over as apprentice and thus to Vader. I personally felt that Dooku was a much stronger fighter than Maul was, I wonder if it was just a matter of Maul was in line first to have been the apprentice before dooku.

Maul, Boba, Dooku, Grievous......anything in common? ALL of these characters were COMPLETLEY underused!!!!! I don't even know WHY Dooku was in these movies.... and I CERTAINLY don't know why such a great actor as Mr. Lee would waste his time with such a meatless character. Wouldn't it make more sense if Dooku's role had been transfered to one of the OTHER villains..... would have bulked up somebody's character.

And I've said it a million times already....Maul shouldn't have been killed... he should have been defeated , injured.... and turned into Greiveous.... they should have put a bunch of emphasis on the fact that he was a protocol cyborg......making way for the ultimate cyborg.... VADER.

I liked GG! And I think he had more screen time than you guys are remembering; at least it seemed that way to me. I'm thinking it was in the neighborhood of 20 minutes or more. Anyway, I'm keeping the order and I hope you guys that are canceling don't come to regret it. :peace

GG

Before the figure went up for preorder, I mentioned about how I thought the character was all hype and wasn't worthy of a near $500 figure. Many of you told me I didn't know what I was saying and he was going to be awesome.

Well, good thing SS lets you cancel your order.

If SS wanted to make a ROTS figure, they should have made the Emperor or the ultimate Clone. Either of those would have rocked in 1/4 scale, and the Clone - boy, they could have went exclusive/variant crazy and made a mint off all this hype.

No spoiler -- by "ultimate Clone" I meant they could have made the most accurate, super detailed Clone Trooper ever seen in a figure.

re

i think making a 1/6 scale clone is a bad idea for ss. before you get >: at me hear me out.

If you really think about it there are way to many variations of clones in ROTS. rank, color, specialty missions, commanders, pristine, battle damaged, etc etc. So i guess what im saying is theres no way that SW fans would be happy if they made a clone reg clone or a yellow, or clean, or whatever, everyone will always want a different version and for the 1/6 scale it doesnt seem likely. Theres just way to many possiblites and too many differnt tastes to cater to. alot of peeps would be furious.

but me on the other hand ill take a 1/6 shock trooper, camo clone (kashyyyk), special ops, commander clone, or hey id settle for a regular pristine clone. :ted

Re: re

After seeing the film I think many speculators and potential scalpers will have many a restless night after GG turned out not to be "all that", trying to decide whether to hold on in hopes of maybe still making a quick, if small, profit, or whether to just jump ship right now. :lol

Sev.

Re: re

if they are gonna do a clone then a safe bet would be the special ops guys.

When Maul was killed Dooku took over as apprentice and thus to Vader. I personally felt that Dooku was a much stronger fighter than Maul was, I wonder if it was just a matter of Maul was in line first to have been the apprentice before dooku.

Actually, this progression was somewhat essential to the story. At the time Maul was the Sith Apprentice, Dooku was actually still a Jedi. He didn't actually leave the Jedi Order until after the death of Qui-Gon.

This isn't covered in the films but is elaborated on in the novels.

But really, boba fett was even more of a craptastic character when you consider screen time and the way he died. He did less than even grievous did, but everyone loves him (including me)

Grievous would kick the censored out of Boba Fett, but everyone loves him. What about his craptastic death at the hands of the Sarlacc in ROTJ?

I really liked Grievous. I also thought it was cool when he landed in a spider-esque manner after getting knocked off of the beam by Obi-Wan.

What about his craptastic death at the hands of the Sarlacc in ROTJ?

Unless, of course, you believe in anything from the Expanded Universe:

"Fett's armor and body were extremely battered by his ordeal in the Sarlacc. When he plunged into the beast, he was kept alive by numerous fibrous suckers that attached themselves to his body. This was part of the Sarlacc's horrible metabolic process; it would keep its prey alive for thousands of years, all the while slowly feeding off it. Fett almost lost his identity in the swirling dementia brought about by the Sarlacc's toxins. His resolve held, and he used his weapons to blast free of the beast.

Naked, wounded, and defenseless on the sands of Tatooine, Fett was rescued by his fellow hunter Dengar, who nursed him back to health. Fett reclaimed his armor and his reputation, returning from the "dead," and again taking on bounties. It wasn't until six years after the Battle of Endor that Han Solo learned his nemesis was still alive. Although Fett still piloted his antiquated Slave I, he updated his arsenal with the ultrasleek Slave II. These were but the first two of his vessels, which would eventually number up to Slave IV."

:p

I am aware of that EU stuff Richard, but in my view he died in the Sarlaac.

I didn't think Grievous was all that bad. He amost defeated Obi-Wan. :dunno Other than the wheezing of course but that may have been done to show that he wasn't a typical droid.

Back