SS Grievous - SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

His was cool as a cartoon?! :\

But Come on Darth Maul's screen time was very short. Cool for a few minutes, but not much there either.

Didn't Grievous sound like a weezing dwarf? :gimli :rollin

Won't see the movie 'til the weekend so I can't make a judegement call of GG...but if I'm disappointed, I'll probably keep the statue for resell value. :naughty

Maul was the ultimate.

I am glad he was not in the movie that much, it makes him more interesting....kind of how Boba Fett was in the OT.

Less is more.

Good luck reselling the GGr statue. Almost everyone I know thought he was just a big p*ssy. Very lame when he could have been really cool.

re

Great indecision I sense in you!

My feelings tell me that should a GG bust or statue from GG emerges...defectors to the cheap side, you will become. :p

re

yeah i dont know if it was the pacing or what but i swear grievous was on screen for what seemed lieke 5min. his fights were way to fast.

he is a cool character but im also having second thoughts on dropping $450. I think it would have been alot cooler if he fought obi first with just two arms then was losing so had to resort to using all four.:dunno

re

He is a cool character and so any bust or statue of GG from GG will soon double, treble or quadruple its retail value. Look at the Boba bust. My god that soared high.

1500 LE Exclusive + 2500 LE = Bigger Version of the Haradhrim statue.

Maybe they will go on ebay for half price. ;)

:lvader

Maybe they will go on ebay for half price.

Maybe so...but SW has been around much longer than LOTR and I believe there are so many more fans...maybe they will go for half the price initially, but it think in the long run it will gain in value, just my two cents.

When you think about it, a 1500 exclusive edition size is not very big...

I was really looking for to GG, from the Clone Wars and esp when he started the twirling effect in the film, but in the end, the character didn't come off as worthy of my children's college fund! :lol I suppose however for Gaz's comments his look is really cool, no doubt there - that is why everyone jumped on him initially, but substance must rule over style. :wave

When you think about it, a 1500 exclusive edition size is not very big...

Not for a cool character but if Grievous is as lame as people here are saying, I think Sideshow is unfortunately going to be in for a lot of cancellations. Also, you have to remember by the time Grievous actually ships next year, the other version from other manufacturers may be out and the hype may die down. Even with the DVD release still to be scheduled.

Many of the Attakus Statues are low edition sizes and if the character isn't cool, their resale value sucks.

All that being said, if I am going to have a Grievous in my collection it will be the Sideshow Version. 1/4 Scale Rules!! :rock If the character is that bad, I have no desire for a bust or a GG or Attakus smaller verison.

Sideshow definately took a risk, they certainly could have made more established characters first. Obi-Wan no doubt would/will sell out fast, not to mention Jar Jar! :lol :puke

I'll likely be keeping mine, got plenty of time to decide. But I must admit even though I knew his screen time would be minimal, I was still expecting a more substantial character. The character is fleshed out much better in the novel and you actually see him more in the novel. My exposure to him through CW cartoon and both novels is really why I ordered him to begin with.

That said, if I didn't have a personal interest in keeping him, I definitely wouldn't hang on to the order in hopes to make a profit. I wouldn't recommend this piece as an investment piece.

I just noticed Sideshow now has a General Grievous non-exclusive statue, same as before $450 but without cape. The ES on this "new" piece is 2,500. Does this mean there will be a total of 4,000 of these available?

I thought Grevious was great. He wasn't at his best in the film. In the Clone Wars cartoon, Mace Windu uses the force and crushes his chest in, hense the coughs. They really needed to explain that. Only those that have seen the cartoon understand. It appeared he hadn't fully healed from the blow when he took on Obi-Wan.

I have only seen vol 1, would like to see vol 2 so that I would understand more.

Im keeping my order right now but I have to say I do want to see how Sideshow does on the detail of this 1/4.

But like I have always said I if it was this 1/4 or a young or old Obi Wan 1/4, Anakin 1/4 or really anything else it wouldnt bother me to cancel him.

Back