SS Grievous - SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

I just don't get it, he was available just what two weeks ago? Why don't people just buy when the statue is released - those eBay prices are unreal! :dunno :thud

I think people see the movie, want a cool collectible from it, and go bid crazy on eBay. Then they have to play the waiting game while someone else earns interest on their money.

I think Grievous was coughing to indicate to the audience that didn't watch the Clone Wars that he wasn't just another Star Wars robot. And It was mentioned in a Clone Wars commentary that Grievous was in fact the precursor of the Technology that would eventually keep Vader alive.

I appreciate that I just feel they could have got the point accross better then that in other ways. I don't want my SW villian to be on his death bed.

Jesse

I think Grievous was coughing to indicate to the audience that didn't watch the Clone Wars that he wasn't just another Star Wars robot.

Good point, and althou I have not watched the Clone Wars myself, I do know Greivous' history (a bit anywy).

But, my friend who went with me, was like what was with that robot coughing all the time.

I had to explain to him what GG really is.

I still think the coughing hurt him as far as being the "bad ass" alot of us thought he would be. My 2 cents anyways...

I saw the film for a 2nd time, Sunday night with my girl. It was funny when we left one person stopped and asked me what happened to GG, b/c I was explaining it to my girl before the movie. And walking out we heard 2 other conversation's talking about this ~ I think it was very foolish to not throw in a line during a Jedi Council Meeting...

" GG is still weak from his encounter with Master Windu during the raid on Corusant. The time to strike is now" ...

:dunno I think it would have cleared up A LOT of confusion

I think Grievous was coughing to indicate to the audience that didn't watch the Clone Wars that he wasn't just another Star Wars robot.

since when do robots have organic eyes and internal organs? the close ups of grevious' eyes and heart should of made it plainly clear he was a cyborg........:bonk

since when do robots have organic eyes and internal organs?

Ever heard of the Terminator?
Well, he may have not had organic eyes exactly, but they did have an organic outer layer.
Also it's skin was an organic organ (no it wasn't internal), but it was all machine because Kyle Reese told us so. There was no sort of that type of exposition in ROTS.
Every little bit of detail helped convey that Grievous was a Cyborg. And the organic eyes and internal organs close ups were not shown to the audience until the middle of the movie, the coughing was up front at the beginning. :bonk

Ever heard of the Terminator?

sure, but i think that's a special case.

maybe some who weren't into spoilers before episode 3 could of been confused about grevious, but by the time he dies, they should of easily known that he used to be an alien and was a pre-cursor to a vader type character.

You'd think so. But, my friend, and I am sure alot of other people thought he was a robot (droid)...

To be honest, the character didn't do much for me.

Well now that I have seen the movie and the first season of the cartoon series, I can say I like Grievous. I think he is a great character and the weezing sounds excellent!

However.......

I am going to cancel my order for him. Not because the character failed on screen like many of you claim. I've been having second thoughts for some time now about ordering him and the idea of having to miss out on main characters because of it has proven to be too much. I'm going to save up for some other character which SideShow is undoubtedly going to make. Namely one guy by the name of Obi Wan.....

Personally, I would cancel Han and Luke or Obi-Wan for that matter before General Grievous. Even though I could have two of those for the price of one Grievous. I think it's just the coolness factor of the figure rather than the substance of the character. IMHO of course.

Back