Statue SS Conan the Barbarian Fury of the Beast Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the. Prefer that colour more. From the Statue Forum the scuplter mention he will create a female companion piece for this.

Most information can be obtain from Statue forum under this statue topic direct from Troy himself. From my understanding based on what was mention he will only work on the T&A after Sideshow ship so there is actually not much information and picture on what will come out. I believe this will be offered to us probably in the Statue Forum if not mistaken something like the Joker mallet he did.

yes its a long time away, Troy need to get the statue himself in Hand before deciding how to go about it.. Im still undecided about it though I like the ex, Im trying cutback and trying to stick with my resolution, the female companion piece is the only thing drawing me back to this thread and leaving me confused lol

I didnt really want this at first but I like the concept of the statue which seems to be telling a story. I normally go for the ex but in this instance I got the white one which I like very much. I do hope Troy can come up with a nice female companion piece for this would complete the picture.

I didn't even know this was in the works!! I've got Conan the Prize & this will look epic with it. At first glance white was a win, but the more & more I looked at it the more I really started to like the ex. Plus another member stated that the paint app on the white might come out looking pretty bad which kinda sealed it for me. So EX it is!

What could get messed up with the paint app if you choose white?

Another member stated that the black paint app may come out looking pretty bad ,which sealed the white one for me...

Can't rely on quotes when statue is not even out

And a third member, unique from the first and second, said that the ape was going to have hemorrhoids, so I avoided this statue altogether.

Oh my god, you guys are hilarious! Your clowning around made my day. Havent had a good laugh like this on the forums in long time. Thanks guys!

Baahhhh commission = no sale :(
Most information can be obtain from Statue forum under this statue topic direct from Troy himself. From my understanding based on what was mention he will only work on the T&A after Sideshow ship so there is actually not much information and picture on what will come out. I believe this will be offered to us probably in the Statue Forum if not mistaken something like the Joker mallet he did.
yes its a long time away, Troy need to get the statue himself in Hand before deciding how to go about it.. Im still undecided about it though I like the ex, Im trying cutback and trying to stick with my resolution, the female companion piece is the only thing drawing me back to this thread and leaving me confused lol
Where would a female go on this piece? In between the gorillas legs, looking up at his dong and screaming ?

And it would be most likely the same price as the piece itself....

What could get messed up with the paint app if you choose white?

Yeah, my comment probably didn't come out the way i intented. From my past experiences with SS I would say that paint app has always been an issue with me. I love SS scultps, but practically every statue I've ordered from SS has had some type of flaw with the paint (with the exception of Skaar:clap). Some I could live with and others I couldn't. Anyways, imo I could see more issues with a white paint app than the black. Most of us that have experienced bad paint apps after waiting months for a statue know that it kinda kills the whole appeal to a statue when you open the box to see a great scult that looks likes its been painted by a 5 year old. I'd rather not deal with that dissapointment this time around, but also know that with this hobby their is always that potential for bad paint apps and it comes with the territory. I could be completly off base and both can come out looking great or the white paint app better than the black, who knows...However, if SS quality control hasn't improved chances are one of the two will look better than the other.

Yeah, my comment probably didn't come out the way i intented. From my past experiences with SS I would say that paint app has always been an issue with me. I love SS scultps, but practically every statue I've ordered from SS has had some type of flaw with the paint (with the exception of Skaar:clap). Some I could live with and others I couldn't. Anyways, imo I could see more issues with a white paint app than the black.

I pretty much agree. The lighter color version is simply more likely, due to it's nature, to show shortcomings in the paint apps, if any exist. The dark finish version would tend to hide such sins a good bit better.

Lets just hope that both versions come through with quality paint apps worthy of the sculpt.

Back