Statue SS Conan the Barbarian Fury of the Beast Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ES for EX will most likely be 150
Sideshow seem to be going with that number a lot lately

Does anyone have a pic of the art (print?) with the white ape?

I would like to see the eyes painted blood red to resemble the print. It gives it that netherworld look and makes it appear more than just an angry gorilla.

The more I think about RE Howard's tales the more I think black is the right choice as references to grey (white) apes seem to put them as more man like. The early sculpts had a great look for this but then it was changed to a gorilla, which also appear in the tales (not just Conan), but they have a look of hidden intelligence about them.
Hard to explain what I mean about what made me go for the exclusive, but I think it represents a creature from the tales better than the white as it is a gorilla :wink1:

I would like to see the eyes painted blood red to resemble the print. It gives it that netherworld look and makes it appear more than just an angry gorilla.
1:

This. The more I look at the pics, the fur does have a gray tone.

What color are your shelves?

My shelves will be black but it'll be on top of my shelves. All my statues would be. Majority of my statues will be dark in colour too. Hence why I'm so tempted by the white. It would really stand out. But I just hate the fact that I prefer the look of the black and the fact that the black is the exclusive. Its been days and I still can't decide. :(

My shelves will be black but it'll be on top of my shelves. All my statues would be. Majority of my statues will be dark in colour too. Hence why I'm so tempted by the white. It would really stand out. But I just hate the fact that I prefer the look of the black and the fact that the black is the exclusive. Its been days and I still can't decide. :(

Go for the white if you have dark shelves. Also, since it won't be in a display case the white/gray version won't show dust as well as a darker
color would imo.

I was looking at this to be my gateway into Conan as well.

But this thing is really freaking BIG!!!!

Man this thing is killer. As many stated before I'm an EX guy but I'm having a difficulty picking the best color for my setup. I have black shelves however I plan to display him at the top of a half stack besta where my collection room walls are painted white. Imo the cuts look much more brutal on the reg as the red is such a drastic contrast to the white, howere the way I plan on displaying it the black would contrast best with my wall color. Choices choices...

Back