SS Carnage PF (1/4 scale statue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im really surprised theres so many people out there not liking this one. I think it's a homerun. I love it. I will get it for sure.

I like this Carnage a lot, will depend on the price. He looks really menacing,unlike the Comi. Not sure on Venom yet, and considering Prime hasn't showed theirs , I will be waiting. A lot of Venom coming out, so I will be patient with him.

I think the sculpt is quite accurate as Cletus has never been as big as Venom and the tendrils are better than the original Com but the pose is off for me.

I like this Carnage a lot, will depend on the price. He looks really menacing,unlike the Comi. Not sure on Venom yet, and considering Prime hasn't showed theirs , I will be waiting. A lot of Venom coming out, so I will be patient with him.

you don't think this looks menacing?

Attachments

• IMG_2899Large.jpg
    IMG_2899Large.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 240
Does XM and Prime 1 hire better artists or what? Why does it seem like their pieces are so much better than SS. Maybe it's just my opinion but it sure seems that way.

I really like the sculpt as individual, but not so much if its a companion piece with the previous Spidey PF.
Feels like spiday already high above everyone else(except goblin), but this carnage will be just standing there, but probably have the same height as spidey.

I really like the sculpt as individual, but not so much if its a companion piece with the previous Spidey PF.
Feels like spiday already high above everyone else(except goblin), but this carnage will be just standing there, but probably have the same height as spidey.[/QUOTE

I think they all tie in well with the Spidey PF. The smoke on Venoms base matches the smoke on Spidey's. There are I beams on The Carnage base that kind of tie in with the I beams on Spidey. I think Spidey, Goblin, Venom, and Carnage will look awesome together. In my eyes it looks like a cool fight, high above the city, with **** blowing up and falling apart all around them.

Does XM and Prime 1 hire better artists or what? Why does it seem like their pieces are so much better than SS. Maybe it's just my opinion but it sure seems that way.

I think a lot of it is the art director, SS seems to try and keep the footprint small and do more museum poses then the other companies... A lot of the XM statues have huge footprints, whether it be horizontal or vertical, it's tough to find places to display them...

The new companies are more creative and daring with the designs I think

I think a lot of it is the art director, SS seems to try and keep the footprint small and do more museum poses then the other companies... A lot of the XM statues have huge footprints, whether it be horizontal or vertical, it's tough to find places to display them...

I agree with that completely. Obviously, no idea regardless, but I agree.

I think they all tie in well with the Spidey PF. The smoke on Venoms base matches the smoke on Spidey's. There are I beams on The Carnage base that kind of tie in with the I beams on Spidey. I think Spidey, Goblin, Venom, and Carnage will look awesome together. In my eyes it looks like a cool fight, high above the city, with **** blowing up and falling apart all around them.

I agree. I think this Spidey vs his foes line from SSC is well-thought of. From the dynamic poses (Carnage so far has the least dynamic pose but I think it works) to the bases that are connected by what elements are on it (smoke, concrete slabs and metal beams), SSC had had the right idea on this one. I don't do Marvel statues but the videos on Youtube brought me here, as it's nice how Spidey is getting this much love. Over at DC Batman must have the same treatment from SSC but it sucks that their bases (as well as poses) can be inconsistent in terms of group theme though somewhat character-fitting at least.

I definitely give credit to SSC on that one. It's nice having a themed base that ties them all together. It will make for one heck of a shelf.

I definitely give credit to SSC on that one. It's nice having a themed base that ties them all together. It will make for one heck of a shelf.

Told myself I'm gonna attempt to get all of these Spidey centric PFs and make a nice shelf for them based on that idea. The bases are just a nice themed touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the pleasure of seeing this and Venom at NYCC. It will be hard for the completionist in me to not preorder both especially after having the Spider-Man, and Green Goblin on the way.

Back