SS Carnage PF (1/4 scale statue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like the body type too but it's fairly comic accurate:

a570b2fd-1dc7-4817-b707-9acb6717a2bb.jpg

Now if they did something like this for body and pose, bulkier and creepier, I would have loved:

tumblr_mruz7uE2eT1qd9jlto5_1280.jpg

After seeing that. I think the pose definitely could have made this statue WOW

I'll admit. I do think there was some missed areas with Venom, but Carnage just looks great and I didn't expect to see him at all. Very nice.

I really like carnage and it is bang on to the comics, but the original com is good enough for me and I'm still waiting for them to do some new much needed spidey characters instead of rehashing these already done ones..... I just picked up XM sandman and didn't want to but I don't think ssc will make these pieces in my life time so going other routes...

I really like carnage and it is bang on to the comics, but the original com is good enough for me and I'm still waiting for them to do some new much needed spidey characters instead of rehashing these already done ones..... I just picked up XM sandman and didn't want to but I don't think ssc will make these pieces in my life time so going other routes...

That's where it's heading, isn't it???

Like why no Sandman, Mysterio, Doc Ock....lots of missed opportunities that XM is capitalizing on.

Does anybody else HATE the red they used on this and also on the original? It's like some bland salmon red and not blood red like Carnage should be!

I checked with science and the above statement about the pose turns out that it is incorrect.

First Venom...he's like a huge silverback gorilla lunging forward at high speed. Absolutely massive, barrelling over buildings and rooftops almost ready to lunge forward plowing right into spiderman. I think the pose captures his sheer power and feral animalistic nature. Just terrifying. Yet next to Carnage his symbiote appears calmer. More subdued. More wanting to be whole. This is where I think the XM piece missed the mark. The symbiote craved for spiderman and I believe this piece captures this better.

Carnage on the other hand is just wild and completely at one with the symbiote. A sleeker predator of pure madness emerging from the rubble with his claws and tendrils extended ready to slash his opponent down like a leopard striking a monkey from a tree. The pose is not overly dramatic yet it captures what makes Cletus different from Eddie. His claws are more exaggerated. The tendrils flay out wildly not necessarily forming anything of distinction...more uncontrolled and less subdued. The symbiote stretches around his mouth like its pulling his face in different directions. His eyes are veined and bloodshot, further exaggerating the overpowering toxicity of the symbiote on him. This piece captures what is Carnage and does not require the pose to be obvious.

my comment was only directed towards carnage and you appear to agree with me : )

That's the point about Venom, I don't picture him jumping around like a gorilla to get to Spidey, but crashing through walls and buildings with his whole body and tear them down. That's where XM hit the mark imho, but to each his own of course. The fact alone that there will be an affordable 1/4 scale alternative for Venom is great on itself

That's where it's heading, isn't it???

Like why no Sandman, Mysterio, Doc Ock....lots of missed opportunities that XM is capitalizing on.

Yeah I just cant see them doing the other main players in the Spidey universe since the last 10 years all they've done is multiple versions of Goblin, Venom and now Carnage with Rhino thrown in there as well. oops forgot about hob goblin as I look at my displays....

Which is why I'm seriously thinking of getting at least the sinister six from other sources as SSC doesn't seem to care about them at this point. If SSC does decide to make them in 10 years maybe i'll buy them but probably not as the XM pieces look pretty good to me...Of course by then they'll be as much as XM is now for cost anyways....:lol

I think this turned out pretty good. It's a pass for me though. I have no love for the character.

That's the point about Venom, I don't picture him jumping around like a gorilla to get to Spidey, but crashing through walls and buildings with his whole body and tear them down. That's where XM hit the mark imho, but to each his own of course. The fact alone that there will be an affordable 1/4 scale alternative for Venom is great on itself

that's about the only good thing that it will have going for it. Even then the prices on these pieces will soon be pushing XM prices soon enough. I just bought a Sandman piece for just over $900 shipped and can get the Kraven for not much more shipped as well and he is huge with a Lion as part of the base, so really you're almost getting to statues with that one..

I find that people once would buy this are saying that cause of the price increasing or that there is so many new producers of high end statues??

Not in my case. I just don't care for the character. I have the OG Spidey COM and Venom COM but I passed on the Carnage COM. I can understand peeps being more picky about what they buy because of pricing nowadays (and increased selection).

Back