SS Carnage PF (1/4 scale statue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda underwhelmed with Carnage, especially considering the comiquette was mediocre as well. Venom looks cool but nothing can top the original in terms of detail and presence. Will probably still get Carnage because I love the character, unless XMs looks much better. Still would have hoped for a better pose but not too bad I guess.

I hope they don't have burned bread explosions on the base like Spidey had though. that could be a deal breaker right there.

Man, based on these pictures I still like the venom and carnage comiquettes better. Looks cool, but not as awesome as I was hoping.

Then you're all set. You don't have to get these. Move on to the next piece.

For me, I want to see more pics of this piece just to be sure ...but from what I see so far, this is an instant PO.

the sculpt looks great...the pose not so much. I hoped for something more dynamic.

I checked with science and the above statement about the pose turns out that it is incorrect.

First Venom...he's like a huge silverback gorilla lunging forward at high speed. Absolutely massive, barrelling over buildings and rooftops almost ready to lunge forward plowing right into spiderman. I think the pose captures his sheer power and feral animalistic nature. Just terrifying. Yet next to Carnage his symbiote appears calmer. More subdued. More wanting to be whole. This is where I think the XM piece missed the mark. The symbiote craved for spiderman and I believe this piece captures this better.

Carnage on the other hand is just wild and completely at one with the symbiote. A sleeker predator of pure madness emerging from the rubble with his claws and tendrils extended ready to slash his opponent down like a leopard striking a monkey from a tree. The pose is not overly dramatic yet it captures what makes Cletus different from Eddie. His claws are more exaggerated. The tendrils flay out wildly not necessarily forming anything of distinction...more uncontrolled and less subdued. The symbiote stretches around his mouth like its pulling his face in different directions. His eyes are veined and bloodshot, further exaggerating the overpowering toxicity of the symbiote on him. This piece captures what is Carnage and does not require the pose to be obvious.

Then you're all set. You don't have to get these. Move on to the next piece.

For me, I want to see more pics of this piece just to be sure ...but from what I see so far, this is an instant PO.

Ok. Thanks for letting me know I don't have to get these and I can "move on to the next piece". I have been waiting for a new SS Carnage and Venom statue for a while now and these dont really impress me much. Regrettably I sold the comiquettes years ago so I am not "all set". Sorry you didn't like my opinion.

Carnage pose is not bad. I may sell my comiquette. Not too crazy about the Venom from the pic, I will probably get the XM and sell the SS comiquette. Don't understand why SS is redoing these characters as opposed to producing other Spiderman villains like Vulture, Doc Ock, etc.

I can't sell it that low, bought it at $650.00. Love the piece and don't think I will part with it. I will just have 2 carnage's :D

Lol, I wasn't expecting you to. That would be ludicrous.

You can't base a decision off just one picture, BUT if I were to, then I would say the original looks better to me and would rather have that one. We all can make a decision once ss shows more pics.

Carnage pose is not bad. I may sell my comiquette. Not too crazy about the Venom from the pic, I will probably get the XM and sell the SS comiquette. Don't understand why SS is redoing these characters as opposed to producing other Spiderman villains like Vulture, Doc Ock, etc.

:exactly: :goodpost: Would like to see Ock, Scorpion, and Electro, don't like XMs. They should also do Anti-Venom and Spidy 2099 or Miles Spidey before rehashing these characters again.

I love the carnage but feel the venom is to close to the kotobukiya. Thoughts?

Almost every Venom statue is crouching in one manner or another. Koto's is standing still while SS's is leaping and holding his weight on one hand mid air. Don't think they are similar.

mehhh, I'll get Goblin but these two don't measure up. The new Goblin will look great with the original coms, as these two probably will also, but why double up on pieces when the first ones are great imo.

Ok. Thanks for letting me know I don't have to get these and I can "move on to the next piece". I have been waiting for a new SS Carnage and Venom statue for a while now and these dont really impress me much. Regrettably I sold the comiquettes years ago so I am not "all set". Sorry you didn't like my opinion.

Not at all. Had nothing against what you said. I was actually ok with it.

Too bad you sold the com's ...thought you might have them. Oh well ...still the same scenario, tho, right? Wait for the ones you want.

True. Maybe I will have to wait until Prime 1 cause getting those comiquettes back will be too much. Bummer that they are now double the price than what I sold them for.

Back