Statue SS Aliens: Alien Warrior Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually like this pose. The Alien Warrior is such an iconic version of the creature that to have it crouched over like the 1/4 maquette would be a waste of a design that should be completely visible. Plus Sideshow's already used the crouch for this character twice, so it's a welcome change.

Totally getting this badboy!

For Sideshow they are one and the same.
In the section of Aliens/Robots SS tends to make their maquettes 1/4 scale. Not all maquettes are, however. I'm just guessing that the person who used the term was inferring scale.
Calling it just a "statue" is used at Sideshow to distinguish this Alien Warrior statue from their previous 1/4 scale Alien Warrior "Maquette"... which is also a statue made of polystone.

Can't get hung up on the terminology around here. It's not an exact science.

yea, maquettes when it comes to aliens and robots usually refers to 1/4 scale, but technically, a Pred maquette is a pf, so the terms are interchangeable and not really all that consistant.

I'm geting this puppy, as mentioned before i hope the tail got fixed. I think the ex will come with an egg, the big chap poly ex comes with the chestburster. Plus the iconic scene when Ripley and Newt enter the Queens chamber with all the eggs in it.

IMO, the pose on this one is a lot better than the Big Chap poly which kinda doesn't look like an Alien to me. The detail is there, the appeal isn't.

Cheers,
Neo.

For Sideshow they are one and the same.
In the section of Aliens/Robots SS tends to make their maquettes 1/4 scale. Not all maquettes are, however. I'm just guessing that the person who used the term was inferring scale.
Calling it just a "statue" is used at Sideshow to distinguish this Alien Warrior statue from their previous 1/4 scale Alien Warrior "Maquette"... which is also a statue made of polystone.

Can't get hung up on the terminology around here. It's not an exact science.

Ah ok thanks.

I should know by April if I can afford this. Just hope by then there are still pre orders. The big chap is meant to be released in March/April so this should be out June/July or maybe July/August.

IMO, the pose on this one is a lot better than the Big Chap poly which kinda doesn't look like an Alien to me. The detail is there, the appeal isn't.

Cheers,
Neo.

you're right, the pose is far more better on this one. :exactly:

I concur on that. Sometimes Sideshow gives a too human pose to their non human characters. Doing that gives the statue the appearence of a guy in a suit instead of a real and believable creature.

Indeed, the producers of the four alien movies spent a lot of money in R&D to avoid the guy-in-a-suit syndrome. Same applies to the Predator, Robocop etc movies.

Back